Vulcan Bagger Forums

Vulcan Bagger Forums (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/index.php)
-   2018 CanadaEast/Northeast U.S. Rally (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Dates for the 2018 group rally (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46776)

cnc 10-25-2017 08:55 PM

Dates for the 2018 group rally

A while back we discussed the idea of a different format for our US North East / Canada East group rally. We had very positive interest in a thread on the North East Board. http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=46405
This is a rally with a bit of a different twist where getting there is definitely half the fun. Basically folks from the US will join along the way making their way to Cape Breton Canada. Folks from Canada will do like wise and we will all meet at a hotel to be announced. The format will be the usual arrival on a Monday and departure on a Friday. The emphasis will be on socializing on the way there and during our stay. We will all want to ride the Cabot Trail, but I would expect we will leave everyone to make up their own little groups to ride it. Tom Tim and I have had discussions and here are the possible dates, week of July 9th, week of July 16th, week of August 6 th or August 13th. We would like to nail down a date and then a hotel in Baddeck Cape Breton. Please let us know your preference and we will choose a date based on what works for the majority.

Patriot 10-30-2017 08:12 AM

I'm "RETIRED", so I'm good with any date. If I were to go with a chance of better weather, any date in August. But as we say here, wait 10 minutes the weather will change. Then saying that, August the last couple years has been hot and dry.

Sabre-t 10-30-2017 09:57 PM

Ya'll need some Southern representation? I don't know if I can swing it, but it sounds like a fun trip. I would probably prefer August, too, if I can make it.

It's about a 4K mile round trip for me, so I would be camping there and back to save some money. 4 days of riding each way to be comfortable. The Cabot Trail looks like an awesome ride.

tomm 10-30-2017 09:58 PM

I'd vote for either the week of July 16th or August 6th. My preference would be July 16th, but if Patriot thinks there's a better chance of good weather in August, then let's do August 6th. Doesn't that conflict with the Construction Holidays in Quebec though? BTW - What Construction are you folks celebrating anyway?

tomm 10-30-2017 10:07 PM

A little southern representation would be great. Hope you can make. Cabot Trail is a great ride, and the Canadian Maritime's are pretty awesome in general.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabre-t (Post 693862)
Ya'll need some Southern representation? I don't know if I can swing it, but it sounds like a fun trip. I would probably prefer August, too, if I can make it.

It's about a 4K mile round trip for me, so I would be camping there and back to save some money. 4 days of riding each way to be comfortable. The Cabot Trail looks like an awesome ride.

cnc 10-30-2017 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomm (Post 693863)
I'd vote for either the week of July 16th or August 6th. My preference would be July 16th, but if Patriot thinks there's a better chance of good weather in August, then let's do August 6th. Doesn't that conflict with the Construction Holidays in Quebec though? BTW - What Construction are you folks celebrating anyway?

Double checked the Quebec holiday.
"When is Construction Holiday?
Sunday, the 22nd of July 2018 to Sunday, the 5th of August 2018
Only 294 days left!"
So,
July 9th, 16th Aug 6th or 13th would all work.

We celebrate the shoddy construction of our roads in Quebec!
Seriously, the construction industry is heavily unionized and they all shut down construction sites in Quebec and take two weeks summer holidays at the same time. A lot of other companies also choose to close for those two weeks as business is quiet. This means lots of folks pouring out of Quebec headed for popular tourist destinations.

minst7877 10-31-2017 09:05 PM

I would vote for the week of July 16th or Aug 13th. I think July 9th is too close to the 4th and Aug 6th would cause a uproar here as it would interfere with my wedding anniversary.

Don

Top Cat 10-31-2017 09:25 PM

I think Aug 13 would be good for us.
But then again I'm retired and can make it anytime, well, anytime Cindy can get the time off from work that is :shrug:

tomm 10-31-2017 10:47 PM

Looks like we're all in agreement. It won't be the week of July 9th.

Patriot 11-01-2017 07:10 PM

Please don't hold me responsible should the August weather turn crappy. For those who would like to check out some Cabot Trail Rides, there are a couple nice one's on YouTube. I have to say just talking about it gets my anticipation working overdrive. It will be really nice to see old friends. I am hopeful we have another great turn out also. So put out the word to all our Vulcan��Bagger friends, "YOU'RE INVITED !"

dave m 11-01-2017 07:49 PM

have fun everyone, i tried to go to the ride last year in canada and can not go to canada be cause of 1 stupid thing i did 36 years ago when i was a teenager. so canada will not let me enter the country

tomm 11-01-2017 11:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
TC was responsible for the weather in Lake George since the rally was in his home state. Seems only fair that you should continue that tradition. :D:D

BTW - You'll be following a tough act!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriot (Post 693940)
Please don't hold me responsible should the August weather turn crappy. For those who would like to check out some Cabot Trail Rides, there are a couple nice one's on YouTube. I have to say just talking about it gets my anticipation working overdrive. It will be really nice to see old friends. I am hopeful we have another great turn out also. So put out the word to all our Vulcan��Bagger friends, "YOU'RE INVITED !"

Top Cat 11-01-2017 11:28 PM

Yeah Patriot, as you can see in the pics I not only stopped the rain after the meet and greet, I had a rainbow appear for everyone to enjoy :D
So the ball is in your court :tup:

cnc 11-02-2017 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomm (Post 693946)
TC was responsible for the weather in Lake George since the rally was in his home state. Seems only fair that you should continue that tradition. :D:D

BTW - You'll be following a tough act!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Cat (Post 693947)
Yeah Patriot, as you can see in the pics I not only stopped the rain after the meet and greet, I had a rainbow appear for everyone to enjoy :D
So the ball is in your court :tup:

Failure is not an option, it just means another 2 years of green!:D

Top Cat 11-02-2017 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnc (Post 693949)
Failure is not an option, it just means another 2 years of green!:D

I don't understand what that means :hmm: