Vulcan Bagger Forums

Vulcan Bagger Forums (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada West Group (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   So tell me.... (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38929)

rickyboy 08-03-2014 12:18 PM

So tell me....

What has everyone's summer been like?
Have you had a good riding season ...so far?
What are everyone's plan for next yr.?
Anyone planning/hoping to attend the National in Ark. next summer? Or would you Western Regional members like to hold our own rally? I'd want some suggestions and help if we were to do our own. ..... don't leave it up to me. We should start talking / thinking about it now so people can make plans. People will need to book vacation time from work.
I am hoping to make the National though!! It should be quite the event. But maybe a later rally or gathering of our own might be a good thing.
Think about it and give me your ideas.

:tup: :wave:

usranger74 08-03-2014 12:41 PM

Not a member of your region BNTL I for one don't see myself going to the Nat. Rally. It is a great place to ride in Sept and Oct but in late June not so with the threat of high RH, Temps and the treat of big time thunderstorms. Soooo, I hope you folks do have a regional meet as I need an excuse to visit Western Canada.

blowndodge 08-03-2014 12:53 PM

I'm thinking another combined West coast North west meet. Maybe last week in May? I'd still like Lake Tahoe or even the Redwood forest has nice accommodations. Kanab not out of the question or some place new that would be close to the middle of both regions.

BudMan 08-03-2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usranger74 (Post 590211)
Not a member of your region BNTL I for one don't see myself going to the Nat. Rally. It is a great place to ride in Sept and Oct but in late June not so with the threat of high RH, Temps and the treat of big time thunderstorms. Soooo, I hope you folks do have a regional meet as I need an excuse to visit Western Canada.

So the U.S National leader is out of the national rally?
What does BNTL mean?

glwilson 08-03-2014 09:07 PM

But None The Less.

So much for National Leaders...

Curtural shock I assume is the real reason. BNTL...:lmao::D:cheers:

usranger74 08-03-2014 09:09 PM

"But none the less". And yes, I don't see myself going. Like I said, AR is a great place to ride but not necessarily in late June. Also, I down' enjoy large groups. Antlers and the regional meets are more my cup of tea.

Dave 08-03-2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usranger74 (Post 590250)
" Also, I down' enjoy large groups. Antlers and the regional meets are more my cup of tea.

I'm all for Tahoe, Bill.

waterman 08-04-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blowndodge (Post 590212)
Maybe last week in May?

You still want to freeze my ass off don't you?

dshelly 08-04-2014 10:00 AM

If I decide to go to Arkansas (not likely) I'd haul my bike in my truck. That way I could make it in two days each way.

But I'd rather ride the two days instead. Unlike Joel, I'm not afraid to ride in Late May/ Early June. (Wimp) :cry: :D. Tahoe works for me. I could make that in two days riding..

waterman 08-04-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dshelly (Post 590284)
If I decide to go to Arkansas (not likely) I'd haul my bike in my truck. That way I could make it in two days each way.

But I'd rather ride the two days instead. Unlike Joel, I'm not afraid to ride in Late May/ Early June. (Wimp) :cry: :D. Tahoe works for me. I could make that in two days riding..

The last 2 times crossing the divide going west at that time of year I've had a major snowstorm on my tail and the second time it was around 20 degrees over the passes. Poor Audio drove thru the snow to get to Cortez.

cliffordgos 08-04-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterman (Post 590278)

I think May is a little early in the year and mid to late June would be best.

http://www.currentresults.com/Weathe...m-averages.php

"When South Lake Tahoe Has Its First & Last Snowfalls

The first snowfall of autumn for South Lake Tahoe arrives as early as September or as late as November.
The season's last snowfall typically happens in June, although about one in four years gets no new snow after May.
The resort city is normally free of snow every year during July and August.
How Many Snowstorms South Lake Tahoe Gets
Most days of snowfall at South Lake Tahoe leave at least three inches of fresh snow.
Snowstorms of over five inches a day occur 29 times a year, on average. Typically 15 of these storms are major blizzards that dump ten inches or more. Snow events this severe can descend on Lake Tahoe anytime from October to May."

landman 08-04-2014 06:29 PM

how about Taos,New Mexico.

rickyboy 08-10-2014 12:28 PM

No offense intended !!! .....but this thread has somehow turned from the possibilities for the Western Regional members, ..into the U.S. regional district's possibilities. I like all the ideas so don't get me wrong but where the hell are all the Western Canadian members.

I'm in no way trying to persuade Canadian members not to attend the National !! This is just a thought. So anyone who might think so,..."don't get your tit in a wringer" .....
I had an idea of maybe meeting the Eastern regional members halfway
[ somewhere in Canada ....Kenora Ontario ???? ] for a full on Canadian National rally.

What say you Norm ??? maybe put it out there for your eastern boys to consider.

That's 1558.6 miles or 2504 Kms. from Vancouver to Kenora. [ for example ]
Considerably less than the 2386 miles/ 3839.8 Kms required for west coast members to attend the Arkansa National.

I know there are eastern regional members further away than Montreal Quebec ...but just as an example....According to H.D. Ride Planner,..... .from Montreal Quebec to Kenora Ontario is 1339 Mi/2154 Kms. ......a little less than 1425 Mi. or 2293 Kms. for a ride to the National. [ not much less mind you. ]
Of course all U.S. of A. members would be welcome and encouraged to attend. :yep: :cheers:
Just an idea !!

rickyboy 08-13-2014 01:15 PM

bump

cactusjack 08-13-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterman (Post 590278)

I rode over 700 miles in 100+ degree heat to get to Orofino. I am not interested in doing that again.