Vulcan Bagger Forums

Vulcan Bagger Forums (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Invite Kawasaki? (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7758)

schoeney 12-29-2008 05:07 PM

Invite Kawasaki?

Hi Trip,

Just a thought if it hasn't been brought up before.

I saw where you/we have a more official relationship with Maw Kaw now. I am wondering if we could use that new relationship to invite a rep to Custer....maybe they could bring a demo Nomad and/or Voyager? Wouldn't that be fun? Even if they came without a bike and just attended a couple hours it might be insightful for all.

They could also participate in any of the fun and get tons of feedback from some of their best customers...we don't just buy Nomads. Many members have multiple bikes for themselves and family members. Heck, maybe they want to build bike trailers?

If a Kawasaki rep can't be gotten maybe the closest dealer wants to participate?

I may not be at Custer myself (won't know until May) but would be happy to help make it happen.

phenrichs 12-29-2008 05:13 PM

Invite Kawasaki?

Wow, what a fantastic idea. I never thought of that before. Trip this would be a very cool idea. That would save me a trip to Minneapolis in February for the MC show. Yeah right I am still going. But a chance at demo rides would be wild. Even just to shoot the breeze with them would be wild.

lw 12-29-2008 05:35 PM

Invite Kawasaki?

Agreed. If I read it right, Kaw sent a rep to the Drift In and published a few pages in Accellerate besides. They claimed 65 Drifters in attendance. Would be great to eclipse that number, especially seeing as how it is the first National Rally and all. . .

taranis 12-29-2008 07:25 PM

Invite Kawasaki?

Interesting notion. Demo rides? Beer tent sponsor? The possibilities are endless! :)

dabull 12-29-2008 07:50 PM

Invite Kawasaki?

Thats a great idea...they might could even use film footage from the rally to advertise the 09's....imagine that...

skeeter 12-29-2008 07:57 PM

Invite Kawasaki?

I wonder if they'll let Dan ride.

trip 12-29-2008 08:07 PM

Invite Kawasaki?

Good idea Schoeney......Next time I talk to Teri Conrad, I'll mention it and see what they can do.

glwilson 12-29-2008 09:40 PM

Invite Kawasaki?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBull
Thats a great idea...they might could even use film footage from the rally to advertise the 09's....imagine that...

No offense Dabull; but have you seen the "models" used in the '09 advertisements?... I don't think they want "us" in there "pictures" and films... but a nice idea.

...and "NO", Dan Lund will not be allowed to ride any '09's -- I've already warned Kaw about him! :)

rksaw 12-30-2008 03:20 AM

Invite Kawasaki?

Nah, let Dan ride!!! Kawi might be able to use some Dannage footage like Honda used the Valkyrie burnout in their ads.

glwilson 12-30-2008 07:32 AM

Invite Kawasaki?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rksaw
Nah, let Dan ride!!! Kawi might be able to use some Dannage footage like Honda used the Valkyrie burnout in their ads.

I was just joking... Kaw should let Dan ride one of the new bikes to put it through its paces.

phenrichs 12-30-2008 09:11 AM

Invite Kawasaki?

Well yeah we gotta find out if they fly as well as his current model.

dabull 12-30-2008 09:49 AM

Invite Kawasaki?

Quote:

Originally Posted by glwilson
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBull

No offense Dabull; but have you seen the "models" used in the '09 advertisements?... I don't think they want "us" in there "pictures" and films... but a nice idea.

...and "NO", Dan Lund will not be allowed to ride any '09's -- I've already warned Kaw about him! :)

yea i guess you're right....we're too good lookin a bunch http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

dantama 12-30-2008 09:56 AM

Invite Kawasaki?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rksaw

I've tried to do the dirt power slide like they did with the Valkyrie. It was too scary, couldn't do it.

See, I have my limits. :)

phenrichs 12-30-2008 12:13 PM

Invite Kawasaki?

And obviously Dan, bridges is not one of those limits. Ha ha

landman 12-30-2008 01:21 PM

Invite Kawasaki?

i wonder when dan will attempt to jump the snake river canyan.
if does i would recomend some upgrades to the nads suspension.