View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 02:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brydgy View Post
Sounds like a rebuild to me. I backed my bike (03 1500FI Nomad) out onto the street one morning and no pressure at the clutch. When I pulled in the day before there was no issue. Tried cleaning and bleeding to no avail. I ended up doing a rebuild of the master cylinder.
That rebuild, May, or may not, have been required. The best way of bleeding all things on bikes/ cars ect, is to pump from the bottom up. I have used the traditional method, then suction pumps, Both are inferior. Get an old triggered oil can, out of your dad's shed. Put a transparent hose on the end, and shove it on the bleed nipple. Pump all the air out of the hose before you stick it on the nipple though. Take the lid off the reservoir, and get all the old fluid out, and clean it first. Either using a syringe, or a bit of old rag to soak it up. Before you start pumping, cover the reservoir with a rag. If you don't, fluid will squirt out all over your bike, and fuck the paintwork.

This kind of thing. https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...acat=0&_sop=15

Last edited by mick56; 05-30-2021 at 03:12 PM.