View Single Post
Old 10-06-2023, 09:59 PM   #2

Check your grounds, clean your throttle body with carb cleaner, you could also try to either richen up your tuner on top end. The Vulcans have a built in rev limiter, I've seen a few bikes that choke up on top end, where the cylinders get all carboned up and all....
What happens is the fuel won't burn correctly, and isn't being ignited correctly by the plugs....
Also, pull your injectors and check their spray pattern....If after checking all your fuel system, you could be running outta spark also....lie what you were thinking. Iridiums resist fouling, take less voltage to spark....run a primary and secondary checks with your multi-testor on the coils to make sure they're healthy.
About once a month I bounce it off the rev-limiter a couple of times that way carbon doesn't build up.
On my built up Nomad, which has a 1600 in it, once I hit 115, she's still pulling hard and fast, and thats all I dare to go. I've noticed if I try to pass 100 that if I have cheap gas, it loses power as it leans out. I can get around it if I use lucas octane booster....
My Nomad engine has really high compression, I have to watch for knocking, which is why I carry 5 or 6 bottles of the octane booster at all times....hope this helps.

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI