View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 05:13 PM   #9

GREAT NUMBERS!!! That thing's gotta be a monster. Gotta be a blast to ride it!

When I had a looksie into the intake ports back in 2011 when I sealed my intake manifold I could see there were huge improvements to be made with the heads. In many many ways the 1700's are very mildly tuned and specifications. The work done on your skoot shows how so much of that can be negated.

Alas I am fortunate to have a 165 H.P./100 pnd torque Hayabusa that weighs 500 pnds fully fueled that fills my need for more than what the Vaq delivers....So far!!!

But the thought has always and will always be there, pull the engine, pull the heads, flow em, develop porting changes, make the changes, perform my fully contoured 5 angle valve job, re-flow the heads, deck them to bump up the compression, degree in the cams, etc. Even tho I enjoy doin this stuff and have the equipment to do it, it's gonna take a major thrust of the brain to make it happen. I can't just "drop it off" to have it done as I'm the darn fool that'll be spending late nites at the shop, doesn't appeal to me like it did 15 years ago.

But it would be nice to have something stronger than my 88 H.P./108 pnds torque, that was when the skoot was much younger. Last time on my dyno with bout 65,000 mls it was down to 85 H.P./105 pnds torque. Now where's the key to that Busa/

Darn it GD...those gears that have been layin dormant are spinnin again!!

How about a full pic of the whole dyno graph showing the end results?

RACNRAY