View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #22

I have acquired about 500 miles on the skoot since i did this mod. Not only is the engine running better, but it is running better than it EVER did, indicating to me that at some point in my ownership there were the beginnings of intake leaks, maybe even tiny ones since new.

Before i did this mod i was starting to NOT enjoy riding, with the poor throttle response, the hic-cup off idle, the backfiring. Now it is a joy to ride. I did add a bit of fuel to the PCV to completely eliminate what ever popping on decel was left. Gas mileage is better, the engine runs smoother, sounds better, and the power pulses feel different in a better way. The engine is "happier" and so am I!!

I do believe all Vulcans have some amount of vacuum leaks that may be affecting the way our skoots are running. I know it ended up bothering me enuff that i am glad i did this mod.

I just spoke to a forum member that has noticed a deterioration in performance on his Nomad. He will be bringing down his skoot as soon as he has time for a couple of baseline dyno runs and we will perform our intake vacuum leak tests on his skoot.

More to come...

RACNRAY