View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy View Post
and you get this where????
The mod is done to the throttle grip itself, so if you have any inclination of changing out the stock grips, do it at the same time. I bought some Avon air cushions from Ray and he modified the throttle grip before shipping them out. A one stop shop!
Ray will chime in as he always does, but here's his info:

HEY GUYS...

I have been gettin enuff requests for my quick turn throttle mod for the 1600/1700/2000 Vulcans that i have decided to produce these and offer them for sale.

I checked Kawi's part numbers and my mod fits ALL years 1700 and 2000 Vulcans and 2008 1600 Nomad. There may be other Vulcans this mod will fit, i will have to have samples to see. The OEM Kawi part # for the grip is 46019-1109 so please double check the part nmbr for your skoot. This mod IS APPLICABLE to Kuryakyn AND avon grips. If you are considering changing grips at the same time i can supply your choice of grips already modified. Let me know and i can supply pricing. This mod can be performed on Kuryakyn and Avon grips.

ANYWAYS....i have one stock throttle in stock already modded, and i'll try to have at least one more ready to go. I will be setting up an ordering process as follows...

You send me your throttle tube/grip, i will mod it and send it back, cost will be $59.00 PLUS the cost of ground shipping via USPS to the 50 states only. I only ship via usps due to convienence, but they have already lost 2 throttle grips. I suggest that you ship your grip and i will only be shipping back via "insured and signature required".

If you DO NOT want your skoot down waiting for the throttle, then you can order a tube from me. I will ship it out asap, you will then ship your tube to me. A core charge" will be charged in the amount of $47.00 in addition to the $59.00 at the time of order (this is to cover my cost in replacing the tube if i don't get one back). When i recieve your GOOD USABLE grip back i will credit back your card $42.00 ($47.00 less $5.00 service charge).

If i recieve a damaged core that i cannot use, then i will not be able to refund the core charge.If I don't reieve a grip back in 15 days, there will be an additional $5.00 service charge. If I DO NOT recieve a grip back in 30 days, the core charge is forfeited.

SO...i hope i have not confused anyone as i felt it was necessary to offer two types of ordering. Any one wanting quicker than ground service will be charged accordingly.

This is a simple mod to perform, some mechanical experience is necessary for proper installation, i will be glad to offer technical support over the phone. No other mods are needed, no tuning ,etc. Acceleration will be improved, especially in the lower rpm/throttle position areas.

I hope this pm finds everyone well and hungry for more MOJO, I was very happy with the improvement on my skoot.

You may call me directly at the shop...954-455-9665,
Tue-Fri 9-6:30 (closed for lunch 2-3 pm) and Sat 9-3 all day, Florida time.

VISA,M/C,DISCOVER,AM/EX accepted.

THANX ALL
RACNRAY
formerly 2005 Nomad - black/silver

Last edited by jestephens; 05-13-2012 at 01:46 PM.