View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #4
Sr. Contributor

Just put a Techlusion TFI on my bike, a discussion

BD pot 4 set at 1 will be off....... The TFI won't read. I am thinking the brain did one thing and the fingers did another.

SloMo Try running 87 octane. You shuld be able to just filler up and run it.

Octane ratings are based on compression ratio. These engine should be run on 87 octane based on that alone. The reasons why not is all due to EP regs and a super lean factory setting. You don't have these conditions anymore.

That left side filter is moot. You could seal that side air tight and nothing bad would happen.

Don't be wasting good money on parts that you can't see / float yer stick, and do nuthin.

Go do a smoke test and see. Nice still garage, run the bike light up a butt for smoke and see n early no air runs in from the left anymore. That will take about all of 60 seconds, so you won't die today in the gharage anyway.

Pot 1: Yeah man that's exactly how you do it. What surprises me is you didn't mention a very real need to drop the throttle plate black knob setting to get a lower over all idle RPM.

If you have ridden and feel as if down shifting is no long also engine braking, do lower that knob ASAP.

On my 01 and my 06 both times I had to street test for that very thing, and both times I almost had a runaway bike on my hands.

Of course knowing this was likey, I was ready for it, but still the runaway effect is slightly unsettling.

The first time was a little more of a surprise and I was a stranger in a strange land out in Cal.

The 2nd time at home in my NH the ride was still exiciting on the 1/2 mile dirt driveway

Here on this driveway I am limited to rear brake only.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it