Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 08-31-2008, 04:33 PM   #1

Some help Please before I fry my harness

OK, so the fairing is on and I got my Chrome Glow Flexible LED arrays/amber 2 x 40 per side stacked and added the Dual element circuit(60 - 100 leds) so I'll have running and Signal lights AND I added Dual Load Equalizer to get the signal timing right. I think I wired it right, but need a schematic for the signal harnesses in the headlight bucket. One side is Black/yellow stripe, red/blue stripe and Grey with orange spot - other harness is black/yellow stripe, red/blue stripe and Green with Orange spots.

Got the LED's mounted (used heat gun, included adhesive strip and held tight with Duct tape. ) you can see them and they do look good and bright lit or flashing especially double stacked like I did.

Currently, To verify before I hook up permanently, Describing a single side - I have the positive(yellow)2 x LED leads, coupled to the single side of the Dual element circuit, with the appropriate side of the Dual-load equalizer all hooked to the Red/blue stripes. I believe the other side of the Dual Element Circuit should hook to either the black/yellow or the green/orange. The black LED grounds are to ground(not wired ground, just ground) The Equalizer is well grounded. My Blinkers work at the proper speed and the right side, the equalizer is not hot to the touch.

I have been able to successfully get either running lights or blinkers, but not both. I don't want to take a chance at frying my harness. I've been messing with this for about 4 hours on and off, so I can't see the forrest for the trees, if you know what I mean. I know the pictures don't help much, but it's all external and I know I am missing something simple

Does anyone have a schematic of the two signal harnesses in the headlight bucket? Even better, can you shed some light on what I might be missing? ARGH!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-31-2008, 08:31 PM   #2
Top Contributor

Mike, I have sent you an email with a photo of the wiring diagram out of the service manual.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 08-31-2008, 08:41 PM   #3

Thank you very much Bob - you are a lifesaver - replied to you via email.

Thank you for the effort. Another reason I like it here so much!

Old 09-02-2008, 11:09 AM   #4
Sr. Contributor

All I can help with maybe is that on the bike the ground wire is black with yellow.. It is shred on the bike as ground everywhere.

Since the problem is running lamp aka marker lamp, and then one or the other with signals is confusing me.

If you intterupted ground to one or the other set of lamps I would understand better, but then which ever set wouldn't work ever.
Still I get the feeling you some how split ground, and which ever got the better ground is working better.

If you still have convention lamps as well, you may find with no lens you have these glowing very dim.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 09-02-2008, 11:19 AM   #5

Man...that looks way over my head!
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-02-2008, 04:52 PM   #6

Schoeney, I was just thinking the same thing!!!