Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 02-27-2010, 08:35 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to wompus
Am I a magnet for dumb@$$'s

Rode to a PGR funeral today and had the bad luck of having a Hardley moron park right next to me.. although he WAS riding with another friend on a 96 Kawasaki Classic. He copped an attitude as soon as he saw my bike was a Nomad.

I tried to talk to him but he just ignored me... Later after everything was over we were all standing around shooting the breeze.. you know how that is.. when someone noticed the car tire on my bike.

Questions were flying and quiet a few said they have been to the Dark Side and asked my opinion on the tire. Well, I told them just how much I loved the tire.
Seems Mr. Morons Kawasaki buddy was real interested in putting one on his bike. Mr. "Hardley Dangerious" finally opened his mouth saying there was now way in hell he would run a CT on his bike because the sidewall was too soft.

I asked him "when was the last time you rode down the road on your side wall? He didn't like that! <G>
I said, "I bet if they had a car tire with Harley Davidson on it you would run it".. He just looked at me then his buddy and said. "I won't ride with anyone who runs a car tire on their bike"! I said, Well, that's your choice, but while you are replacing your tire every 10,000 miles I'll be on mine for a lot longer then you"...
Seems some people are too damn stupid to look past a name.

Did I mention he had a dew rag, boots, belt and buckle, jacket and hat all with HD on it... I wonder if his panties were from HD!?? <G>

My 99 Nomad has over94,000 miles on it where his 2003 Hardley had just under 7,000 miles on it... I guess "HE" was the real biker!

Mike "WOMPUS' Nieznany
1999 Nomad "Fronkensteen"
Viet Nam Vet 68-69-70
KawaNOW #00577
I'm sarcastic and have a smart ass attitude. It's a natural defense against DRAMA, BULLSHIT & STUPIDITY!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-27-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
Top Contributor

Can't fix stupid. I don't even try.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 02-27-2010, 09:22 PM   #3

I'm almost used to the stupid comments about the ct. Everyone thinks they know best.
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Old 02-27-2010, 09:23 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Idaho

If ignorance was an olympic event guys like that would be golden.

VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 02-27-2010, 10:46 PM   #5

We should pitty the less fortuneate among us who have to pay extra to buy an image and a set of ball bearings.
Thanks for your time.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-27-2010, 10:51 PM   #6
Advanced Member

Idaho...you got that my friend!!!
I just do not understand people anymore...the older I get the more BS comes out of mouths of the ignorant.
We all ride on 2 wheels...
HD, KAW, Honda, ect...
What does it matter, we all love the road we all love to ride.
When are people like that going to get over themselves?
OMFG!!!

Clayton
2008 1600 Nomad
VBA #01332

Old 02-27-2010, 10:53 PM   #7
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOMPUS
Rode to a PGR funeral today and had the bad luck of having a Hardley moron park right next to me.. although he WAS riding with another friend on a 96 Kawasaki Classic. He copped an attitude as soon as he saw my bike was a Nomad.

I tried to talk to him but he just ignored me... Later after everything was over we were all standing around shooting the breeze.. you know how that is.. when someone noticed the car tire on my bike.

Questions were flying and quiet a few said they have been to the Dark Side and asked my opinion on the tire. Well, I told them just how much I loved the tire.
Seems Mr. Morons Kawasaki buddy was real interested in putting one on his bike. Mr. "Hardley Dangerious" finally opened his mouth saying there was now way in hell he would run a CT on his bike because the sidewall was too soft.

I asked him "when was the last time you rode down the road on your side wall? He didn't like that! <G>
I said, "I bet if they had a car tire with Harley Davidson on it you would run it".. He just looked at me then his buddy and said. "I won't ride with anyone who runs a car tire on their bike"! I said, Well, that's your choice, but while you are replacing your tire every 10,000 miles I'll be on mine for a lot longer then you"...
Seems some people are too damn stupid to look past a name.

Did I mention he had a dew rag, boots, belt and buckle, jacket and hat all with HD on it... I wonder if his panties were from HD!?? <G>

My 99 Nomad has over94,000 miles on it where his 2003 Hardley had just under 7,000 miles on it... I guess "HE" was the real biker!

Wompus...I'm sorry you had to go through that...
It is a damn shame...

Clayton
2008 1600 Nomad
VBA #01332

Old 02-27-2010, 11:31 PM   #8
Top Contributor

Riding with a large number of HD riders, it's amazing how many of their bikes have to be warmed up, even though we just rode over. How many problems they have and yet there I go, riding without a care in the world. Oh, and all of them seem to feel the need to wear HD stuff all the time.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 02-27-2010, 11:41 PM   #9

Some folks just have attitudes. Ignorance is bliss, I guess! BnG

Dave Mills AKA BiscuitsNGravy
2006 Vulcan Nomad "BiscuitsNGravy"
Kawanow #150
Vietnam @ Jan67-Jan68
Retired USAF
Patriot Guard Riders/American Legion #431

Old 02-27-2010, 11:41 PM   #10

I'm surprised. Everybody I've ever met at at PGR funeral were there for the sole purpose of paying their respects to the fallen. If they had an attitude about who had the best bike, they left their attitude at home. This guy must have been a real poser, a poser as a biker with only 7K on his 03 Harley and a poser as a patriot who rides with the PGR just to strut his stuff. What a shame.
Patriot Guard
Kawanow #263 (November 2007)
262 Prior Posts

Old 02-27-2010, 11:46 PM   #11

Right on, mercianbike! Also, everybody I've ever met at at PGR funeral were there for the sole purpose of paying their respects to the fallen. Hey, we have a lot in common..... USAF Retired, PGR, Vietnam Vet... and we ride those big beautiful Kawasaki Nomads!! BnG

Dave Mills AKA BiscuitsNGravy
2006 Vulcan Nomad "BiscuitsNGravy"
Kawanow #150
Vietnam @ Jan67-Jan68
Retired USAF
Patriot Guard Riders/American Legion #431

Old 02-28-2010, 12:21 AM   #12
Mega-Contributor

You wasted more breath on him than I would have.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 02-28-2010, 01:49 AM   #13

Sorry to hear you had to deal with an attitude like that.

Unfortunately, HD has developed a bit of this by design... and it does suck when you have to be around it.

I did happen to read in the editorial-response section of the latest HOG magazine several members making comment about the attitude that HD has developed in a certain number of their customers -- and how it wasn't appreciated by others that ride HD's that haven't subscribed to "that attitude" but have to endure the back-lash of other such @ssholes.

Just saying...

GW

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 02-28-2010, 06:21 AM   #14

7 years/7000 miles hell,he has 3 more years on that tire.
With guys like that it is all about the fact that they own a HD. they will never understand it's about riding. Don't judge all HD riders by that one,there are a few out there that do "get it"

Old 02-28-2010, 08:48 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson
Sorry to hear you had to deal with an attitude like that.

Unfortunately, HD has developed a bit of this by design... and it does suck when you have to be around it.

I did happen to read in the editorial-response section of the latest HOG magazine several members making comment about the attitude that HD has developed in a certain number of their customers -- and how it wasn't appreciated by others that ride HD's that haven't subscribed to "that attitude" but have to endure the back-lash of other such @ssholes.

Just saying...

GW
Careful Greg, it's going to pull you in too! It's a cult, and you can't just stay on the outside edge of a cult, it'll pull you in. Soon enough, you'll stop thinking you have a "motorcycle" and you'll start thinking you have a "harley". The "bike" will start being the "harley". Next thing you know, you'll have a sticker on your truck, T-shirts, and then an avalanche of crap that you never needed when you had a Nomad :)