Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
Advanced Member

The beginning-sheep skin seat cover

After reading "BiscuitsNGravy aka Dave Mills" post in January on fastening a sheep skin to an airhawk, I knew pretty much that that was one direction I was going; I really tend to like the old nostalgic look.

Anyway, I started shopping for a skin and looked all over the net to find the color I wanted. Even though my bike is black, I didn't want a totally black skin; I just figured it would be too hot. I found what I was looking for at http://www.sheepskin.com/ . No, I don't work for them but I just thought I'd pass on the info. I bought a full skin rug, and I'm going to leave it as a full skin, stitch it to my air hawk, cut a slit for my grasshopper, and leave it as a whole skin so my passenger seat is covered for my wife.

I haven't got it stitched yet, but I thought I'd give you all a look at the skin if anyone is interested. They are on sale, offer a lot of colors, even pink (I've never seen a pink sheep), and the cost is $69.99 delivered.

The fur is nice and thick and very soft.

I'll post pics when I get it all done. I'm sure it will look great, the skin is beautiful.

Login or Register to Remove Ads