Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2012, 11:01 PM   #16

Well I have not had the good luck to ride a 1600 Nomad but had always liked the style of the 1500 and 1600 Nomads and liked the 1700 when it came out and was able to get a good deal on a leftover 2010 last year. I found that my knees felt a little high in the air compared to my last bike (I'm nearly 6' 3") but of course I put pegs on the hwy bar so I can stretch out. I like the look of the top opening bags but some folks don't. They do not fit up tight against the rear fender in the front which does not look the greatest in my opinion but it makes it easy to put air in the shocks with where the valves are and the way the bags open. Seat on the 1700 is pretty comfy except the way it curves up in the front seems a bit abrupt which probably has something to do with the cramped feeling others mentioned. Not sure if a different type of seat would help or not. I have read the Kawasaki gel seat sits you up an inch higher or so which might make a difference. The cruise control is amazing!!
VBA #01806
Central IL Vulcan Riders

Login or Register to Remove Ads