Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2014, 12:05 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjg3 View Post
Lot of bikers go to Hyder when the weather's good. If you plan on spending the night you might want to make sure a room is available if you haven't already. Of course you have to eat at The Bus. Going in to Hyder from Stewart was easy other than the road going from asphalt in Canada to dirt in Hyder. No customs, nothing. But going back into Canada at Stewart there is a customs entry, just like from the lower 48 into Canada and Canada into the lower 48. You'll have to get gas in Stewart and if you plan on leaving early it may be better to gas up before going into Hyder. Also, I needed a tire mid-trip so had one shipped to Prince George Yamaha going up, it was waiting coming back. Timing was perfect and the folks at PG Yamaha got me in and out quickly. Take a bunch of pics and watch for the bears!
Hyder Trip
Just barely put a brand new rear tire on and the front has plenty of life left. But if something happens and we need something, I'll keep them in mind.
VBA #1051 (Former President)