Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2018, 11:26 AM   #1

First ride impressions

Took the new( to me) Vaq out for a decent ride ,after giving it a thorough going over/paint and wrench/ adjust a few things.It is a hot 95 def.The Vaq Ram great , apart from some popping on decel.An Ivan Flash is in the immediate future.The 21” front wheel/ narrower tire likes to meander on yellow lines and overbanding.High speed bends tend to cause a bit of wallowing.I was quite surprised with the amount of power/ torque the bike has👍.I have a 2017 Z9 , and I was expecting the vaq to feel much slower when compared.It is Avery comfortable ride.I am 5’8” and 170lbs.I think if I replace the 6” screen with a 9” , I will be able to hear the stereo much clearer !. It runs “ball steaming” hot when your sat at the lights / traffic for longer than 30 secs.I he’d to remind myself to adjust my riding style when downshifting and cornering .Slow manouvering is going to need more practice with the 21” wheel and apehangers.Overall, I’m impressed and enjoyed my ride.I could probably hit some serious distances on this bike.I can still get my fix on the Z9 in the twisties and on track days.

Login or Register to Remove Ads