Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2020, 10:25 PM   #1

ABS ring on a harley wheel

In the past I had a 2011 Vaq which I had the forks milled and the spacers cut and I installed the Harley 19'' Enforcer. Looked great, worked great and the guy that owns the bike now still has it on there.
I have had a 2015 Vaq now for a while and I finally decided to see what I could do to it. My question is the ABS ring needs to be installed on the wheel and I'm wondering if anyone has done it. I decided this time I was going to mill the rotor mounts on the wheel instead of the forks. This way switching back will be easy. The abs ring centre hole is too small to slide over the Harley hub so I will need to find a different ring to use or have major mods done to this one.
I have also read many times that the folks that switch to the 21 inch always end up with the ABS not working. My assumption would be that the outside diameter of the wheel is so different from stock that the ABS ring needs to be changed to one with less air gaps so the speed read is more accurate. I am curious why I have never read this being attempted.
Does anyone have any experience doing this or have opinions on my suggestions?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Tags
abs, enforcer, harley