Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #31

Bag lights installed

Glad to see those lights look so good on a Nomad. With them having a plate light on the top how about making use of it to light up some cool pin stripes? I've been thinking of mounting pair of those also. I've got red LED trio trailer lights under the bags, they are pointed down giving a nice red glow on the road around the rear of the bike. They also reflect off the pipes and look like six lights instead of three. I have the Electrical Connection LED conversion in the rear turn lamps and have replaced the front reflectors with amber markers. The next step is to put some amber LED markers on the bottom of the front foot boards to extend the glow to the front of the bike.
VBA #656
Black 2007 1600 Nomad

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-08-2009, 11:03 AM   #32
Sr. Contributor

Bag lights installed

Sounds like yer building a old mans bike, the new No-wing...

Don't mind me I just don't want to grow old and i think I will be 58 which I can't say I will like pretty soon..

I figure if i act like a child I may slow the ageing process. i work hard at it, but so far it isn't working very well....

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 09-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #33

Bag lights installed

voyager,
Are these dual intensity LED's? By that I mean do they come
wired for both Run and Brake?

Dave Jesse
2012 1700 Gray/Black Voyager
2006 1600 Nomad Green/Silver Sold
VBA #1108

2010- Eureka Springs - Antlers - 2011- Maggie Valley - Antlers
2012- Margaritaville Ride - Van Buren - Antlers - 2013- Estes Park - Antlers
2014- Mountain View - Antlers - 2015- Eureka Springs - Antlers
2016- Salem - Antlers - 2017- Eureka Springs - Lake George - Antlers - 2018- Custer - Antlers

Old 09-08-2009, 12:55 PM   #34
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Bag lights installed

Kevin, thanks for the info. I just never thought someone might make the effort of breaking in to my garage for MY bike. I thought they only wanted H.D.'s. Now... how do you block out the plate number?
BTW Scott, you made a good point also.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 09-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #35

Bag lights installed

Yes the lights are dual intensity, they light up for running lights as well as brake lights.
Rick, while in photobucket, you use their own editing program to do pretty well anything you like to your own photographs.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #36
Sr. Contributor

Bag lights installed

I am not sure it is worth scrubbing out a lic plate for a pic. I never did. But in most any art program there is tools to smudge it, and or change it in many ways. This would be what ever program you have that sizes pics to be smaller than the whole screen.

And yeah any bike can and will be a target for theft.

My 01 was stolen from a enclosed 2006 trailer. I got lost on a drak rainy night in Beckley W.Va.

The Inn looked like a Marriot to me and once was. i didn't know it was the dive of a place it really was untill day light, but that was already too late.

This place was hit on by theives often I guess taking tools most of the time from trailers.

I found a enclosed trailer with the common hasp is a easy mark to get into. My locks were still on it and still locked. The thieves simply locked vise grips on the upper half of the hasp and bent them up and down a few times, which released the moving hasp.

I changed all that and added a bit more The next time the theives will be purple and stink like tear gas. And with the rest of 'more' leave pretty much empty handed..

The best way to steal my bike out of that trailer now is to pull the drive shaft out of the tow vehical and take the whole thing.

I found a guy shortly after who lost his bike and whole rig that way, so ain't nuthin safe.

And if I catch a thief he is going to have a very bad day :-* I promise.

My sons 750 Gixxer was stolen too, but the theives were more than average stupid an couldn't get the bike far. So they left it laying on it's side.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 09-11-2009, 05:28 AM   #37

Bag lights installed

Hey Macmac, I'm approaching 57, but always keep in mind, "your only as old as you feel" and I don't mean the aches and pains, but the attitude. My brother-in-law is 58, but he seems to act more like an 80 year old. Mentally, I think I've moved into the late 30's and the Nomad helps me.

As to the bag lights, nice job! I want to do something on mine. Right now I have the Electrical Connection LED's set up in the rear turn signals, but would like more. What I really want are the strobes that I've seen on the NYC police bikes. When they hit the brakes the lights "wig wag" then stay lit. If I can find out what they use, I'm sure there are brackets that can be mounted on the "bag" frame so I don't have to cut into the bags nor have to have any sort of quick disconnect. They're red lights, and on the rear, so I don't see why they wouldn't be legal for a regular street bike.