Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 11-06-2010, 07:02 AM   #31

battery tender on a covered bike?

I don't post much but I am on here every day reading and getting to know people through their posts. I always look for Mac's posts and read them first most of the time. Mac has a good way with words and an interesting perspective on most things and I really appreciate and enjoy that.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-06-2010, 09:05 AM   #32
Sr. Contributor

Whar'l if you don't run the same charger as me

I am hoping there is one more ride in November somewhere. According to the weather report the SUN is out and shinning here today, but according to look out my window it's a lie. The window says 18% gray with some 2 solid hydrogen atoms mixed with 1 atom of O2.

Right now my Nomad has a hefty layer of red oak saw dust all over it, but that will blow off when I go gas it up the next time that white ball in the sky does light up if ever.

The bike cover was hung to dry some weeks back in the back of the barn and it probably has some red oak saw dust on it too, but it's dark back there, and I can't tell.

Yesterday there was a sign, being that I found a dead mouse in a water bucket trap, which was not baited and just getting a rain rinse. I have no idea how a mouse managed to die in that trap, and I just can't figure out how it climbed up there.

I have no idea what this sign means. I just know there is one less mouse chopping on our stuff.

The National is a long way out for me, but it would help if all you guys would tuffin up some and camp, which means sleep on the ground like dawgs do. Campgrounds are probably lots cheaper than Inn's. Bikers are supposed to be tuff guys right?

ok it's time to groan LOL

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 11-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #33
Sr. Contributor

Mac, I've know from the first post of yours that I read, you were special. Don't ever lose it brother. By the way, let me know when your going to gather some sap buckets, I'm hoping to be healthier by then. Wife says I can't go to national unless I'm stronger. Sap buckets might let me know where I'm at. Winter well.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 11-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #34
Sr. Contributor

I am not special. Weird and strange maybe, but not special. I don't even want to be special, this is how I get in trouble.

Sugarin time comes in Spring, it is the rights or celebration of new life and is amoungst the first new life in the New England area. It happens no earier than the last week of February in my sticks. Usually that is too early too, and it can run for 3 to 6 weeks.

There are very few, who get a run right about now, but I have never done that. If you want to, you can go find a sugar maple today, on a walk and bring a tool of some sort, like maybe a drawknife, a really dull one at that, and make a rub just like a deer or a moose would.

No need to make a scrap and pee in it though

Take another walk in a day or so and you will find beads of amber liquid where you rubbed the tree. Stick a finger on these beads and you will have pre boiled down sugar.

I have never done that either, but have tasted the beads where deer and mose have done the work for me many times. So I know you can go waking in Vt and do this, IF you can tell a sugar tree from anything else when the leaves are gone

I can.

Some other people have the damndest time tellin' squat, and will hang buckets on telephone poles and everything else, but I don't know why, other than they plain can't tell one tree from another.

Once I really over heard a couple from some city tell a sugar bush man that they were going to move up here and make maple all year long! They had this idea 'framers' did it because nothing else would grow when a foot or more of snow was on the ground, and were going to teach us all the How To of it all.

I thought I was gonna die from laughing out loud. I sure could have used some salt to help swallow my own tonge.

So I am fully expectin' a report on the day and how you strained ta' pull on yer best beaner boots and go walkin in the bright ::) sun.

N' just ta' say how good that sap was.

All the things I know are from living close to the ground, sometimes almost in it, but not yet.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 11-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #35
Sr. Contributor

OK I won't call you Special Ed again. I'll bring you some table syrup in March. ;)
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
Yesterday there was a sign, being that I found a dead mouse in a water bucket trap, which was not baited and just getting a rain rinse. I have no idea how a mouse managed to die in that trap, and I just can't figure out how it climbed up there.

I have no idea what this sign means. I just know there is one less mouse chopping on our stuff.

The National is a long way out for me, but it would help if all you guys would tuffin up some and camp, which means sleep on the ground like dawgs do. Campgrounds are probably lots cheaper than Inn's. Bikers are supposed to be tuff guys right?

ok it's time to groan LOL
I'm no expert, but I'd say the sign meant the mouse didn't know how to swim!

I understand there are camp grounds not too far from the base hotel so this may be a popular option. If I slept on the ground after a day of riding, I'd probably be stuck down there for the rest of the summer. Then you would hear some real groaning.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136