Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-24-2014, 04:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post

YEA...the c/c on my Vaq surges at times, but it is more noticeable due to gusts of wind.

RACNRAY
I'll have to watch that, too - maybe it was the wind and I just didn't notice it. Thanks. :)
VBA#02788

"Well behaved women rarely make history."

"Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere you find yourself."

2011 Vaquero - Ebony (AKA:"Pedro")
2012 Concours - Candy Arabian Red - sold
2010 Concours - Candy Neptune Blue - sold
2009 Nomad - Metallic Diablo Black - written off :(
2002 Mean Streak - Pearl Mystic Black - sold

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-24-2014, 11:05 PM   #17

Hey Robyn:
My 2011 Voyager cruise control has two issues and has had them since new. It has close to 77,000 km's and surges as well (slight) when going on flat ground or a slight down hill. It seems like the cruise can't figure what to do. Also when travelling at highway speeds the cruise will cut out and before I can respond it engages again, and because it has lost a little speed cranks the throttle fully which can catch me off guard. I have reported both of these issues to my dealer and they basically gave me the dear in the headlight look and I also talked with a Kawi engineer about another issue and mentioned the cruise issue to him with basically no response. He told me that he had not heard of this problem so I gave him the address for this site and suggested be read a few posts. He had no sense of humour.

Old 06-25-2014, 11:04 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo279 View Post
Hey Robyn:
My 2011 Voyager cruise control has two issues and has had them since new. It has close to 77,000 km's and surges as well (slight) when going on flat ground or a slight down hill. It seems like the cruise can't figure what to do. Also when travelling at highway speeds the cruise will cut out and before I can respond it engages again, and because it has lost a little speed cranks the throttle fully which can catch me off guard. I have reported both of these issues to my dealer and they basically gave me the dear in the headlight look and I also talked with a Kawi engineer about another issue and mentioned the cruise issue to him with basically no response. He told me that he had not heard of this problem so I gave him the address for this site and suggested be read a few posts. He had no sense of humour.
Well HI there Jim - how are you doing? Enjoying retirement and that Voyager? Long time no talk. I wrote off my '09 Nomad back in 2012 (I fared ok, the bike did not) and spent a couple years with a Concours and am now happily back to a cruiser again! The Nomad didn't elicit the same symptoms as this bike does - now, I've only had it for about 2 weeks, so maybe it will settle down with some use, but it seems the same as yours on the flat (it hasn't cut out on me yet) - but really, I don't use the cruise that often.

Happy to hear from you!

Robyn
VBA#02788

"Well behaved women rarely make history."

"Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere you find yourself."

2011 Vaquero - Ebony (AKA:"Pedro")
2012 Concours - Candy Arabian Red - sold
2010 Concours - Candy Neptune Blue - sold
2009 Nomad - Metallic Diablo Black - written off :(
2002 Mean Streak - Pearl Mystic Black - sold

Old 06-29-2014, 03:05 PM   #19
Top Contributor

"How do you adjust rear brakes on a bike with hydraulic disc brakes? Did you adjust the linkage from the brake pedal to the master cylinder? "

The adjustment the poster referred to was probably the brake light stop switch.
Any pressure on the rear brake disengages the cruise control.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #20

Had Voyager about month and had trouble with cruise and the nut on brake next to brake peddle was to tight and they told me this had happened before on new bikes. Nut is under rubber cup.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #21
Advanced Member

I have never had an issue with the cruise on my 2012 Vaquero S.E....after pushing the on button I pull the toggle to the left first to set, then to the right to get the desired speed. Works perfect.