Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-12-2015, 12:11 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Tank cover option for vaquero

One of the first things I had to do to my Vaquero was to paint that cheasy cheap flat plastic appearance of the tank cover. I went with gloss black and gold flake mixed in to match the gold in the stock paint. It turned out pretty good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0698.jpg (93.4 KB, 80 views)
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-12-2015, 10:42 PM   #2

Looks sharp!

Old 06-13-2015, 09:07 AM   #3
Advanced Member

Thanks DD....it DOES make a difference huh!
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:30 AM   #4
Advanced Member

Looks good my Dude. I hate all the prep work that goes into painting plastic. I airbrushed my engine cover for my Dodge charger. Had about 10 hours in the artwork and when I went to hit it with clearcoat, it bubbled and peeled away because I did not prep the plastic properly. Had to start from scratch but it came out awesome. Better than the first go. I just had to walk away for a day or 2 to not light it on fire I was so pissed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_385678108118711.jpg (19.7 KB, 29 views)

On the 1500, too much to list.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Power Commander 5 and Ivan-ized ECU
Chuckster's BAK
Aux Audio adapter with bluetooth receiver.
Mustang 2 up Touring Seat w/ driver and passenger backrest
Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs.
Kawasaki 12 volt charger
Longer 1600 meanstreak SE kickstand
Full LED Daymaker light mod.

Last edited by Ken Vega; 06-13-2015 at 10:34 AM.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:23 PM   #5
Advanced Member

Thanks Ken. I know prepping plastic for paint can be tricky huh....you have to buff it down first then use a good primer on it before painting. My body guy is real good with this kind of stuff.....and charged me only $20.00 for the job! The guys at Roaring Toyz inc. their custom Vaquero tank cover is matching green to the tank. Looks real bad ass.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-14-2015, 09:42 AM   #6
Advanced Member

Ken that hemi logo looks killer....nice job.