Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-14-2015, 01:49 PM   #1

Damn it !

wife and I rode out to this little tavern that has great food and the ride there is equally nice , about 45 minutes or a tad longer depending on the route I take . with all the work Ive done to my 12 voyager it looks great and runs perfect . well we finish our meals and pay the bill , walk out to get on the bike for the ride home and my tank has a dent right on the pin stripe .....yes my heart sank , the dent inst big and it didn't break to paint but it right on the pin stripe which is under the clear coat....I cant have this dent I'm far to anal for that . So I have a friend that is a painter and body man , he has the tank spoons so this fall Ill give him the tank let him work the dent out and I can get the section of pin strip from Kaw for like $40.00 so it should work out . Hopefully he can remove the ding and just replace the stripe and re clear coat .....if not he'll have to fill it and repaint the whole tank......
PCV

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-14-2015, 02:23 PM   #2
Advanced Member

That sucks....I know what you mean because I am anal about the Vaquero as well....it does make a heart plummet when something like that happens no doubt. Good luck with that Ipack!
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Old 06-14-2015, 03:59 PM   #3
Sr. Contributor

Some have found success with a piece of dry ice from the local grocery store.
placing the dry ice on the dent until it looks frozen and then just leave the bike
sit in the sunshine on the dent. They say that, that will draw the dent out slowly.
I do not know the details of whether the gas cap should be open or not, or if the gas should be drained out. Do some research and it could save you some money.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...ng%20dry%20ice
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 06-15-2015, 06:56 AM   #4

Bummer.....any idea how it got there?
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Old 06-15-2015, 07:14 AM   #5
Top Contributor

IF the dent isn't too big (about 2x2 or smaller) and IF it's not creased, the dry ice method works well but just the opposite of what Loafer said. Heat it up first (as hot as you can get it without burning anything...think a black bike left out in the sun all day) then cover the dent completely with a single block of dry ice. (Make sure you wear good, thick leather gloves. Dry ice WILL burn your skin.) It doesn't matter if there's gas in the tank or not. You're not adding any sort of spark. Dry ice is just frozen carbon dioxide (CO2).
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-15-2015, 11:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by recumbentbob View Post
Bummer.....any idea how it got there?

No Sir
PCV

Old 06-15-2015, 11:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
IF the dent isn't too big (about 2x2 or smaller) and IF it's not creased, the dry ice method works well but just the opposite of what Loafer said. Heat it up first (as hot as you can get it without burning anything...think a black bike left out in the sun all day) then cover the dent completely with a single block of dry ice. (Make sure you wear good, thick leather gloves. Dry ice WILL burn your skin.) It doesn't matter if there's gas in the tank or not. You're not adding any sort of spark. Dry ice is just frozen carbon dioxide (CO2).

I have tried the hair dryer and canned air method , didn't do anything . does the dry ice work better than the can air
PCV