Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-26-2008, 09:31 PM   #136

Send a message via Yahoo to soldierboy3502
Concealed Carry on Bike

My home is always open to al of yall...just let me know in advance so I can take the range cards off the windows....hehehe....
Blue Knights Texas XV

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-28-2008, 06:31 AM   #137

Concealed Carry on Bike

This thread is well timed. I just finished my CCW class and am picking up my new 9 mm today.

This was a very tough decision for me. I am a former Marine, trained to fire a multitude of weapons. I also was an avid hunter who spent every waking free moment in the field hunting. Then my life changed forever. My little brother, at the age of 15 was shot and killed by another teen who had an UNLOADED rifle. It severed his brain stem and he was dead before he hit the ground.

I packed up every weapon I had, locked them away and never touched them again. I never hunted again, never handled a firearm and wanted no part of them. Just seeing them brought back some horrible memories for me.

But then a friend who was in special forces begged me to go to the range with him. I got past the part of hating weapons and after an evening at the range I discovered a new found love. I am now shooting at the range every week and having a great time. I worked past the trauma from the past and found my new found love for the sport of shooting.

I was trained by the Marine Corps to kill. It was my job and thankfully I never had to take a life. Today, with our travels around the USA ( and because of the violent society we now live in ) I find that a CCW is a wise option.

I will look at my CCW as successful if I never have to un-holster my weapon in self defense. The very last thing I ever want to do is take a human life. But it is there just in case things go wrong and I need to protect myself or family.

Be careful with your weapons. One errant bullet can change your life forever.

Chris

Old 03-28-2008, 09:49 AM   #138

Concealed Carry on Bike

It seems like most of you guys, have the option of carrying a gun if you choose to. Here in Canada only the bad guys do. I have my restricted permit here, which allows us to own handguns and long guns. The handguns can only be used for target practice if you belong to a shooting club. You have to come and go from the club in the most direct route between home and the club. Since I don't belong to a club, I am considered a collector, I can't do anything with it other than admire it at home. I can take it to a club or to a shop for service but I have to apply in advance for a permit that states the time and day and route that I will be taking. They want to make it very difficult here so most people won't bother or will give it up . I don't want to give up that right at the moment so I tolerate all the crap they dish out. It would be nice if we where allowed to carry ,but with the mentality here I doubt that will ever happen.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 03-28-2008, 09:52 AM   #139

Concealed Carry on Bike

You said the handguns can only be used for target practice if you belong to a shooting club. What if someone breaks into your house, can you use it then or do you have to call the police and wait?

Old 03-28-2008, 11:23 AM   #140

Concealed Carry on Bike

Legally I couldn't even use it then, Also by the time I got it unlocked from storage, remove the trigger lock, then unlocked the separately stored ammo box, loaded it , would probably be to late in most cases. Basically you call the police and wait. I could probably get a shotgun loaded quicker, but it would still be a couple of minutes to do that. we would probably be in more trouble than the crooks if it ever came down to that here. Everytime there is a shooting here, there is a huge outcry to ban all guns from private ownership. One suggestion is to have a central lockup in the cities, so they can keep track of all weopons. When you are granted a permit here, you give up the right to privacy of your own home. The authorities can come by anytime unanounced and check on how your guns are stored. There have been two cases a while ago where a gun safe that was bolted to the wall and floor was stolen from a house while the owner was on vacation. The guns were then used in a crime and the owner was charged with unsafe storage. It took the theives two days to break in and take them. It seems no matter how many precautions you take to keep them safe, we are ultimately responsible if they are used in a crime.The thinking here is that if nobody has them, its harder for the crooks to aquire them. Also when we go to buy ammo, we have to show our permit, and the date and quantity is recorded with our personal ID. We have a national gun registry here where all of our guns are registered, if there is ever a complaint against you from a neighbour or anyone else and police are called, they check to see if firearms are in the house. If there is, usuallythe swat team shows up, and they check how everything is stored. There have been reports that everything is confiscated until you prove you have abided to all the procedures outlined. Most times this is a very costly process and some guys figure it isn't worth the bother.

VBA #27
VROC #18951

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #141

Concealed Carry on Bike

Quote:
The thinking here is that if nobody has them, its harder for the crooks to aquire them. .
So...how's that working for you there in Canada? ::)

Old 03-28-2008, 01:12 PM   #142

Concealed Carry on Bike

Hi mojo...if haven't said so before welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your story.
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 03-28-2008, 03:26 PM   #143
Sr. Contributor

Concealed Carry on Bike

Probably no better than England or Australia.

Quote:
[quote:ttmfbmw8]The thinking here is that if nobody has them, its harder for the crooks to aquire them. .
So...how's that working for you there in Canada? ::)[/quote:ttmfbmw8]
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 03-28-2008, 04:45 PM   #144

Concealed Carry on Bike

Thats horrid. Couldnt imagine such a world.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:49 PM   #145

Concealed Carry on Bike

The first step to complete government domination is to disarm the populace.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:03 PM   #146

Concealed Carry on Bike

I am a firm believer in the fact that the ONLY thing that keeps this country's second amendment alive is THE NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION. If after reading the above posts on gun control in Canada , and you are a gun owner, you don't join the NRA , ........well I think you don't deserve to be a gun owner.
Join today and help protect your right to own a fire arm or don't cry when they knock on your door and take your guns away.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 03-28-2008, 05:29 PM   #147
Sr. Contributor

Concealed Carry on Bike

I saw this today. This guy is a riot. Do you agree with him?

Quote:
It seems like most of you guys, have the option of carrying a gun if you choose to. Here in Canada only the bad guys do. I have my restricted permit here, which allows us to own handguns and long guns. The handguns can only be used for target practice if you belong to a shooting club. You have to come and go from the club in the most direct route between home and the club. Since I don't belong to a club, I am considered a collector, I can't do anything with it other than admire it at home. I can take it to a club or to a shop for service but I have to apply in advance for a permit that states the time and day and route that I will be taking. They want to make it very difficult here so most people won't bother or will give it up . I don't want to give up that right at the moment so I tolerate all the crap they dish out. It would be nice if we where allowed to carry ,but with the mentality here I doubt that will ever happen.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Old 03-28-2008, 07:56 PM   #148

Concealed Carry on Bike

Quote:
THE NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION.
I'm a Lifer, but even more important I VOTE to continue to have my gun rights

Old 03-28-2008, 08:04 PM   #149
Sr. Contributor

Concealed Carry on Bike

I used to belong, but I got tired of them calling me up to hit me up for more money all the time. If they need the money, then raise the dues, but to keep coming back to the trough just pisses me off.

Quote:
I am a firm believer in the fact that the ONLY thing that keeps this country's second amendment alive is THE NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION. If after reading the above posts on gun control in Canada , and you are a gun owner, you don't join the NRA , ........well I think you don't deserve to be a gun owner.
Join today and help protect your right to own a fire arm or don't cry when they knock on your door and take your guns away.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 03-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #150

Concealed Carry on Bike

Gun control will not work, it obvious as gun crimes continue to rise despite all the restrictions we have. All it means is that the crooks will be able to do there jobs easier and safer. I do belong to Anglers and Hunters which fights and lobbies on our behalf for firearm issues, but its a small group compared to all the antis out there.I think the real tragedy would be if a legal gunowner got killed in a home invasion because of all the safe storage practices required.

VBA #27
VROC #18951