Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-26-2008, 08:22 PM   #16

Scala Rider Team Set

Just looked at the link for the Q2, and all I have to say is thanks, BD for gettin me into trouble. I WANT ONE !!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-26-2008, 08:49 PM   #17

Scala Rider Team Set

UPDATE ! Just ordered the Scala Rider Team Set ( sorry BD, the wife won ) on Amazon.com for 206.99 . I'll let you guys know as soon as I get it. Thanks for all your help.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:31 PM   #18

Scala Rider Team Set

I'm a moron when it comes to technology. Do these things have to operate using your cell phone provider? Are there monthly fees? How are they powered?

Old 03-26-2008, 09:50 PM   #19

Scala Rider Team Set

wolfman, they run on rechargable batteries that come with the set. It comes with its own charger that charges both units at the same time. No fees. Once you buy it thats it.
If you have a bluetooth cell phone you can send and recieve calls but it is not the main purpose of the set. The main purpose is to talk to your passenger.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 03-26-2008, 09:53 PM   #20

Scala Rider Team Set

I need/want one.....This is exactly what I've been looking for but didn't know if the technology was out there.......where do you get them, radio shack?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-26-2008, 09:57 PM   #21

Scala Rider Team Set

I bought mine on Ebay. But dui546 bought his fron Dennis Kirk I believe. They had some problems with the first generation sets and he didn't want to take a chance of getting an eairly set on Ebay. Mine seem to work ok in the living room haven't ridden 2 up since November.
VBA #9

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 03-26-2008, 09:59 PM   #22

Scala Rider Team Set

So do I want the scala or the Q2?

Old 03-26-2008, 10:08 PM   #23

Scala Rider Team Set

I would say read up on both and see what you want to do with them.
I just wanted an itercom that I could talk to Cindy on and not have wires connected to the bike or between our helmets.
The only thing I know of that the Q2 does that the teamset dosen't is talk to other bikes you are riding with. The Q2 is also more expensive.
The team set is $230 in the Dennis Kirk catalog. you get two units, one for you and one for passenger.
Q2 is $335 for two units, I read somewhere, it is not in the Kirk catalog.
I can't remember exactly but I think on Ebay I got mine for $165.
VBA #9

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 03-26-2008, 10:34 PM   #24

Scala Rider Team Set

Sorry I missed this thread until now. I have been extremely busy at work and haven't had much time to log on.

I purchased my scala rider team set through J.C. Whitney. I am very happy with it. My wife thinks it is the best purchase I've made because we can easily talk while riding.

I use it with my Zumo 550 gps and cell phone. My wife and I were called by my daughter while riding to lunch. We were both able to talk to her at the same time as if it was a conference call. THAT is pretty cool technology.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:48 PM   #25

Scala Rider Team Set

Quote:
I'm a moron when it comes to technology. Do these things have to operate using your cell phone provider? Are there monthly fees? How are they powered?
No. They are a wireless headset, so to speak, for your phone. It allows you to talk on your phone without holding your phone, and best yet, no wires !!

Old 03-26-2008, 10:55 PM   #26

Scala Rider Team Set

Quote:
So do I want the scala or the Q2?
Scala Team Set is a rider to passenger communication as well as cell phone. The new Q2 is all of the aforementioned and also bike to bike capabilities. So if you ride with other bikers, and they have a Q2, you can talk to the as well as your passenger, and on your cell. I bought the Team Set on Amazon.com for 206.99 for the set which includes two headsets. The Q2 is only sold as a single headset. It's about 135 for one headset, or 270 for a pair. You can shop around and maybe get them cheaper.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:14 AM   #27

Scala Rider Team Set

I bought a pair of Q2 units mainly for my recent road trip in the USA with my wife pillion. We were very pleased with them, allowing us to chat at all speeds, in any weather. The reason I bought these was for the fully duplex operation and bluetooth. Being able to have a normal conversation was essential to me. I have a pair of units which are not duplex and it is hard work to have a conversation. They fitted fine on our helmets, one full face, one open face, with the two speakers set in the spaces in the ear padding inside the helmets. When there is a lot of background noise the units remain on and you can talk instantly. When quieter, the units switch to standby and require a start by starting to speak, not a problem. The batteries lasted all day while riding and I recharged them both each evening ready for the following day. I would reccomend this product.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:52 AM   #28

Scala Rider Team Set

I have the Motorola HS830 Bluetooth Motorcycle headset. I only paid $24 shipped off ebay. It works OK. I can get and hear phone calls at 70MPH. The thing I don't like is that there's only one speaker...two would make for a much better set-up. Supposedly if I bought another Motorola unit I could use them as intercoms, but I want to get a set of the Scala Q2 so I can add my GPS, MP3 and phone as well as communicate with my spousal unit, and other folks in our group that has one.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:55 AM   #29

Scala Rider Team Set

I'm not looking for anything fancy like answering my cell phone. I just want to talk to the wife without turning around. Something that fits around my ear since I wear a 1/2 helmet.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:32 AM   #30

Scala Rider Team Set

I'm with you wolfman....I don't like having to turn around to speak with the wife...and now that I wear a full face it's almost impossible without yelling.
My cell phone is bluetooth capable. Never used it in that manner but would be a nice add.
let me understand you guys.....do I need the q2 to have all the capabilities for phone and music? Does the q2 just add the bike to bike feature?

thanks

vin