Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-14-2014, 11:12 PM   #16
Advanced Member

Great responses guys....should help a lot for da' man. My next set of treads....Michelin Commanders. I have Michelin Pilots on my Meanstreak 1500 and they are second to none for the money, none better....and, they last.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-14-2014, 12:07 PM   #17

Well the story goes like this: My tires were too much worn before leaving on the trip. I wouldn't have made it to Cranbrook. So I had it done in Edmonton. I cost a fortune but I got my MC II tires. What a great ride. Unfortunately, part way into my ride into Washington there was most horrible belt whine and squealing. I stopped at the Cranbrook dealer and they assured me that it was a normal sound. They checked belt tension and road tested it. So carried on and finally had the dealer in Yakima check it. they test drove it and said it was "normal", and that I had some noise from under the gas tank. Well finally at Hope BC i dismantled the front brakes and found the anti-rattle clip was installed incorrectly, which took care of one noise. The belt whine is still there and I will loosen the belt. Thanks everyone for all your help. PS great trip through all of western Washington mountains. (4300 kms) :):)
2006 900 Kawa Classic
2007 1600 Nomad
2013 Voyager