Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-25-2008, 08:22 AM   #16

Zions group ride video

Well, like Dan, I had to break up my video into segments. I still left out a lot, plus there are no titles because they just take up time. I had to re-compose things, so some shots aren't in the order they really happened. I'm starting to upload now (fingers crossed.)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-25-2008, 08:59 AM   #17

Zions group ride video

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq
Well, like Dan, I had to break up my video into segments. I still left out a lot, plus there are no titles because they just take up time. I had to re-compose things, so some shots aren't in the order they really happened. I'm starting to upload now (fingers crossed.)
Yup, it gets tricky. I made one good video that was in order, the music worked, etc.

When it didn't fit and I broke it up, I ended up with a not as good of a video with choppy music, and an extra piece in the tunnel segment :(" title="" border="0"/>

I decided to be content to have a good one on my computer and not worry. If I had known that length was going to be a problem, I would have just built two smaller good ones to begin with :)

Old 06-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #18
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Zions group ride video

That's good to know for when I upload mine. How many meg's do you figure or length would be good to do, for putting onto photo bucket?...........CaddmanQ or Dan.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 06-25-2008, 10:16 AM   #19

Zions group ride video

Wow did I ever get in trouble today!

My wife wanted to see my slide shows and this. After the first segment of the bikes coming around the corner (I was off the bike and on the hill) she only got a few seconds into the other part and could immediately tell that I was riding with one hand and filming with the other.

I immediately clicked out of it when she started voicing her displeasure; I wasn't going to let her see 12 minutes of riding with one hand through corners etc. :)

That led to a long discussion of me buying long term care insurance (not a discussion I initiated mind you) and who's going to take care of me when I hurt myself (not her).

See what happens when an adventurous risk taker marries a risk adverse woman?

Yikes!

Old 06-25-2008, 10:18 AM   #20

Zions group ride video

Yer screwed now Dan! Convince her that it's safer if the passenger holds the camera. ;)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-25-2008, 10:20 AM   #21

Zions group ride video

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722
That's good to know for when I upload mine. How many meg's do you figure or length would be good to do, for putting onto photo bucket?...........CaddmanQ or Dan.
On Photobucket, keep it to around 4 minutes. At about 4 1/2 it just cuts it off without warning. My clips were done for 512 mb broadband mode, but Photobucket thunks it down a lot. It's still better looking than YouTube IMO.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:29 AM   #22

Zions group ride video

Ricky, here's what Youtube says:

There are two ways to upload your video: by using our Single File Uploader or the YouTube Uploader (for multiple files). With either of these methods, your videos can be up to 1GB in size and 10 minutes long.

Please note, the longer and/or higher quality your video is, the more compression will be required to fit it into 1GB.

I cut mine in half to keep it under 10 min. And the video quality went way down once it went through whatever compression that they do.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:40 AM   #23
Advanced Member

Zions group ride video

Dan that was awsom, great job.
ride safe. ??