Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-07-2008, 12:33 PM   #16

A job I can live with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lund
The guy who runs my company is an avid rider and loves my Nomad. Sometimes I'm allowed to take the day off and just go ride and it's never a problem. The owner also doesn't care if I log on and check messages on this site throughout the day, and I like that.

The owner seems to be a great guy, smart and personable, and has a very nice wife who is easy on the eyes and a bit of a flirt with me. She doesn't do it to anyone else, but she flashes the boobs at me sometimes!

She's even gone on motorcycle rides with me.

About the only downside is that the boss is pretty opinionated and it's kind of boring when there is nobody besides myself to help carry a conversation. Other than that, I love where I work.

Oh, and I work for myself ;)
ARE YOU HIRING
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-07-2008, 12:58 PM   #17

A job I can live with

[quote=Top Cat (TC) ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Dan Lund":ixnm8n5j
The guy who runs my company is an avid rider and loves my Nomad. Sometimes I'm allowed to take the day off and just go ride and it's never a problem. The owner also doesn't care if I log on and check messages on this site throughout the day, and I like that.

The owner seems to be a great guy, smart and personable, and has a very nice wife who is easy on the eyes and a bit of a flirt with me. She doesn't do it to anyone else, but she flashes the boobs at me sometimes!

About the only downside is that the boss is pretty opinionated and it's kind of boring when there is nobody besides myself to help carry a conversation. Other than that, I love where I work.

ARE YOU HIRING [/quote:ixnm8n5j]

Old 08-07-2008, 02:51 PM   #18

A job I can live with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lund

Sounds good Dan! I had to read your post to the wife and we both laughed.

Your job is almost as good as ours, we're retired.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:07 PM   #19
Advanced Member

A job I can live with

formikec,
I've been admiring the color scheme on your bike. Did you paint it or have it painted?
Pablo

Old 08-07-2008, 08:39 PM   #20

A job I can live with

Heck, my boss just had the front parking lot re-striped to include a couple motorcycle only parking spaces at the school.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-07-2008, 10:11 PM   #21

A job I can live with

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo
formikec,
I've been admiring the color scheme on your bike. Did you paint it or have it painted?
Pablo
Hello Pablo. It's a factory job. Those colors were available in '02, the year it was made. I don't know why they don't offer them anymore, it is a nice combo.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:10 AM   #22

Send a message via Skype™ to aj
A job I can live with

The color came out in Oz in 01, if you listen to the other guys Black, Blue, etc etc are better, faster, blah, blah, blah. They only think that because they haven't had the privilege of riding pure class!!!

Old 08-08-2008, 06:05 AM   #23
Advanced Member

A job I can live with

Thanks formikec & Aj. I really like that color. If I ever get to the point of repainting, I may do something similar. Sorry for hijacking the thread.
Pablo

Old 08-08-2008, 09:38 AM   #24

A job I can live with

That's the one we call the Butterscotch-Cream Nomad. It's the slowest color--like molasses in January--but my wife says it looks yummy.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #25

A job I can live with

i caught alot of flack when i promoted to LT. in Palestine, now i have convinced my captain, major and assistant warden to get bikes, They are all lookin at the nad!!!!

Old 08-08-2008, 05:36 PM   #26

A job I can live with

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq
That's the one we call the Butterscotch-Cream Nomad. It's the slowest color--like molasses in January--but my wife says it looks yummy.
Mine prefers to be called Blondie. I'm not in a race to get anywhere, so if ya think it's slower, that's okay with me.

No matter, the girls like it better than blue, black, burgandy, silver, or green (or any other color you can think of).

Seriously, it wasn't my first choice, and wasn't the color I was interested in, but after having it a while, I wouldn't pick another color. I really like the colors.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:08 PM   #27

A job I can live with

Quote:
Originally Posted by formikec
...No matter, the girls like it better than blue, black, burgandy, silver, or green...
Just don't let them actually taste it, OK?

That Turtle Wax is poisonous. ;)