Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #16

I could spend hours searching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat (TC)
my wife has a stock 2008 750 Shadow. She has no problem maintaining highway speeds and neither do I.
During the summer, I regularly ride my wife's 1998 750 ACE Deluxe 2 hours to Tulsa. On flat land, holding it full open I can get it to maintain 80. If I go up hill at all it will fall as low as 65.

Did I mention I was three and a half bills?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-11-2009, 08:25 PM   #17
Advanced Member

Nobody said anything about ????. You did good, lots and lots of miles on that one. You won't believe the ride at highway speed. I like the 75 range, 2 up and my wife and I are no lightweights, no issues when stock what so ever.

If I remember, you might need to have your lifters checked for the clicking, I don't think they were self adjusting on your year, but I could be wrong. Someone will chime in pretty quick, I'm sure.

OK, I was writing when you posted your above pic so, yep, your a big guy, I'm in at 6'4, 285 and the wifes in at 5'11 and let say, well, er, you know, aaaa she won't read this, 100+ pounds less, so nope, your going to like it.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket
Quote:
Originally Posted by faxxxy
Also... Whats the most economical intake? The only one I am familiar with is the Kury Hypercharger. Is there an alternative to that?
The Caddmann Kit is probably the least expensive intake mod and from all accounts is just as good or better than any of the other commercial kits. Check it out here:

http://www.gadgetjq.com/caddmankit.htm
Here is a more detailed install procedure for the caddmann mod. The two sites combined should give you tons of information and can save you a lot of money over the commercial intake offerings. Two of the more popular commercial ones are the Hypercharger and the Baron's BAK (Big Air Kit). The BAK is very similar to the caddman mod though in my opinon, just a lot more expensive.
2007 Honda ST1300 (sold)
2005 Kawasaki Nomad (sold)
2004 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
http://www.strobel.ws
VBA #01021
VROC #29389

Old 03-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #19

Thanks guys. I just read that caddman mod through several times trying to get a clear picture in my head. Any word on what size jets people are re-jetting their carbs to after doing this mod?

Old 03-12-2009, 06:52 AM   #20

You might check these guys out on the jets,

http://www.thundermfg.com/store/inde...ct_detail&p=99

Cliff "VulcanE" Evans
2005 Blue & Silver 1600 Nomad
VBA # 320
VROC # 20381

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-12-2009, 07:54 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynfla
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriAnn
Congratulations!

I can't help you with your questions, but I have a different perspective on the Nomad's power since I ride the 900......
Hubby leaves me WAY behind (on his Nomad) when we take off from a light!! All I ever see riding with him is his tail light!!!! ;)
Hi CheriAnn,
Chaz has been riding way longer than you, right? I'd bet that if you both had the same experience, there wouldn't be much difference between the 900 and the Nomad. The 900 has a lot of get up and go!!

Barry
Yup! I just started riding in 2006. I sure do wish I could keep up with him!!!! :(

Cheri Ann
2012 Vulcan Vaquero
VBA #2069

Old 03-12-2009, 08:14 AM   #22

Faxxy, You're going to very happy once you get it.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:15 AM   #23

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynfla

Hi CheriAnn,
Chaz has been riding way longer than you, right? I'd bet that if you both had the same experience, there wouldn't be much difference between the 900 and the Nomad. The 900 has a lot of get up and go!!

Barry
Yup! I just started riding in 2006. I sure do wish I could keep up with him!!!! :(
BUY a NOMAD,, Then NO PROBLEM!! :)

Old 03-12-2009, 08:20 AM   #24

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat (TC)
my wife has a stock 2008 750 Shadow. She has no problem maintaining highway speeds and neither do I.
During the summer, I regularly ride my wife's 1998 750 ACE Deluxe 2 hours to Tulsa. On flat land, holding it full open I can get it to maintain 80. If I go up hill at all it will fall as low as 65.

The NOMAD is GREAT with TORQUE.. thats where it shines,, READ GADGETs Page,,TONs of NOMAD info and step by step instructions,,
There are a Few BIG guys that ride the Nomad here and it NO ISSUE.... Im a small 220lbs, and even when doubled up.. maybe 350/375 my 04 FI Nomad doesnt break a sweat!! On the Highway you just Cruise,, smooth riding...
LOVE your Car!!is it a 70/71 Camaro? Rich

Old 03-12-2009, 08:42 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by radco
LOVE your Car!!is it a 70/71 Camaro? Rich

Old 03-12-2009, 08:44 AM   #26

Quote:

OMG!!!! A GORGEOUS car and now a Nomad?!!!! Your wife will be the envy of all women!!!!!

Cheri Ann
2012 Vulcan Vaquero
VBA #2069

Old 03-12-2009, 09:16 AM   #27
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to dhomoney Send a message via Yahoo to dhomoney

Quote:
Congratulations!

I can't help you with your questions, but I have a different perspective on the Nomad's power since I ride the 900......
Hubby leaves me WAY behind (on his Nomad) when we take off from a light!! All I ever see riding with him is his tail light!!!! ;)
CheriAnn,

You should see/feel it after updating Exhaust, Intake, and fuel processor. The performance increase is huge.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:19 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhomoney
Quote:
Congratulations!

CheriAnn,

You should see/feel it after updating Exhaust, Intake, and fuel processor. The performance increase is huge.
He's working on that!!! ;)
I got him the V&H Baggers. He just needs to change the intake and fuel

Cheri Ann
2012 Vulcan Vaquero
VBA #2069

Old 03-17-2009, 01:48 AM   #29

I'm a little behind on my reading and you've had lots of good input. Hope you went to Gadgets site. No problems off the line. Two up we might hit near 350 and even then find myself holding back when riding with my Hardley friends. Their shifting to 2nd way before I've used up first. Hang on to first gear thru 30mph. I'm sure when you get her tuned in she'll fill the bill.
Mine rides smoother and handles better when we have it loaded to the gills and the only thing that keeps me under eighty is that slap on back of the head when she notices. Enjoy

Robert(skeeter)Dozier
07 Red&Titanium Nomad
81 Suzuki 850GL
KawaNow pre#

Old 03-17-2009, 09:06 AM   #30

Faxxxy with the Cadmann air kit, debaffled pipes and carbs rejetted there won't be any stock Harley's running away from you. And welcome to the big man portion of the group.