Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 01-11-2008, 03:34 PM   #16
Advanced Member

My first modification :)

Fender tips you say -HMMMM! So far - Cobra Driving Light Bar - Tank Bra - Kuryakn Signal Light lens (front & rear) - tinted lowers - Premuix Fairing / Lowers / Radio / Trunk - Road Krome Highway pegs c/w Kurykan clamps - Kuryakn Brake Pedal & Shifter Cover - Kuryakn Mirrors & Windshield bar - Freedom Wings - Sirius RAdio Mount - Drag Specialties Neck Chrome - Kuryakn Voltmeter - Drag Specialties Tachometer - Phat Risers - Chrome Levers - Billet Master Cylinder covers - Kuryakn ISO Grips & Throttle Bosses - Kenwood Speaker Upgrade (4) - Vance & Hines Baggers - Mustang Seat - Dragonfly Speaker Pods rear - Fire & Steel Saddlebag Rails -Saddlebag liners - Saddlebag Quick release fobs - Harley Passenger grab rail - Harley Trunk Rack - Drag Specialties Buller Lights - Hoppe lower vents - K & N Filter - Progressive air crossover - Fire & Steel Swingarm & Drive Shaft covers - MIC Intercom & Headsets c/w Siearra Input - Tinted Windshield - Denray trailer hitch -

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-11-2008, 04:30 PM   #17

Fender tips look very nice.

Mike

Old 01-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to donguer Send a message via Yahoo to donguer

Quote:
Fender tips you say -HMMMM! So far - Cobra Driving Light Bar - Tank Bra - Kuryakn Signal Light lens (front & rear) - tinted lowers - Premuix Fairing / Lowers / Radio / Trunk - Road Krome Highway pegs c/w Kurykan clamps - Kuryakn Brake Pedal & Shifter Cover - Kuryakn Mirrors & Windshield bar - Freedom Wings - Sirius RAdio Mount - Drag Specialties Neck Chrome - Kuryakn Voltmeter - Drag Specialties Tachometer - Phat Risers - Chrome Levers - Billet Master Cylinder covers - Kuryakn ISO Grips & Throttle Bosses - Kenwood Speaker Upgrade (4) - Vance & Hines Baggers - Mustang Seat - Dragonfly Speaker Pods rear - Fire & Steel Saddlebag Rails -Saddlebag liners - Saddlebag Quick release fobs - Harley Passenger grab rail - Harley Trunk Rack - Drag Specialties Buller Lights - Hoppe lower vents - K & N Filter - Progressive air crossover - Fire & Steel Swingarm & Drive Shaft covers - MIC Intercom & Headsets c/w Siearra Input - Tinted Windshield - Denray trailer hitch -
That's what I'm talking about,BABY!!!!

Old 01-11-2008, 09:01 PM   #19

rewindgy's post reads like a catalog! I like it very much!

Old 01-12-2008, 05:40 AM   #20

Send a message via MSN to ianicky

One day rewindgy i hope i will be able to post a list as long as yours :) have you ever sat down and worked out what all that cost ??? $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-12-2008, 05:56 AM   #21

Have the fender tips fitted to my 05 1600 Nomad, plus too much more to list, including pipes etc. I am also in the UK.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:04 AM   #22

Hi Phot where in the UK are you?
Have you or do you know anyone with a Nomad who has removed the baffles from the stock exhausts? I was wondering if it would pass the MOT with baffles removed.

Old 01-13-2008, 04:14 AM   #23

Quote:
I was wondering if it would pass the MOT with baffles removed.
If you can find out how many decibels it takes to fail the test, I will test my modified stockers and let you know what the results are.
Would also be good to know the methodology of the test so that I can give you apples to apples comparison data.
- What % of throttle?
- how far away from the pipes & in what direction?
(ie. ten feet directly behind centerline of bike)

Old 01-13-2008, 06:05 AM   #24

Hi lw
Thanks for the offer i will endevour to find out what the procedure is for our MOT test.
Ive been trying to find out if a stock HD pipes in the UK are the same as fitted to a US bike as every HD ive heard over here is louder than my stock Nomad.

Old 01-13-2008, 02:00 PM   #25

Hi lw

Been search and all i can find at the moment is this

2. A silencer which is in such a condition or is of such a type that the noise emitted is clearly in excess of that which would be produced by a similar machine fitted with a standard silencer in average condition.

So i guess as long as there isnt another Nomad with stock pipes in for MOT at the same time as mine then they will have nothing to compare mine with

Old 01-13-2008, 05:06 PM   #26

Send a message via MSN to trevwales

Ian, the mot test criteria on gov site at http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...ot/DG_10016070 . Reckon it would be up to the tester! look around for one using a hearing aid!!!

Old 01-14-2008, 03:06 AM   #27

I am near Portsmouth in Hampshire. There is a UK club you may be interested in joining. http://vulcanriders.org.uk/public/tw...page/index.php
With ref to the exhaust it seems to be a very hit and miss subject. A lot of guys use a MOT centre which is run by bikers who are sympathetic to other bikers and because the rules are a bit vague they have no problem. Some guys have been known to re-fit the stock exhaust just for the MOT. My bike will be due its first MOT in September this year and I have a local tester who seems to be relaxed about the pipes. I think the V&H I have fitted are not terribly loud anyway so dont believe I will have a problem. I think unless the exhaust is excessively loud and very obvious to anyone that it would be a problem to the old bill the tester is safe to pass.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:30 AM   #28

Phot, i will have a look at the UK site :) are you a member & is it any good??

Trouble is if i remove the baffles from the stock pipes i have nothing to replace for the MOT, i guess its a gamble that i will have to take.

Trevwales, thanks Ive looked at this site but it doesn't give to much away. Looks like i will have to start looking for a deaf examiner

Old 01-14-2008, 08:46 AM   #29
Advanced Member

Cost: $9500 Enjoyment: Priceless
Now about dem Fender tips - does $200 shipped for all threee sound reasonable?

Old 01-14-2008, 03:15 PM   #30

Wow

You should post some pics of your Nomad i would love to see it.