Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 05-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
I could set my cruise control at 80 miles per hour and take my hands off the bars and it tracks like its on rails!
So does my Vaquero, done it. Sometimes I think my baby was the cream of the crop, as I've had none of the issues I've read so much about. Not complaining, and knock on wood - QUICK!

Americas Guardians PS MC
President, Tennessee 16-A
VBA #02203
"Blaze" 2017 Vaquero
"Black Magic" 2011 Vaquero, 69k miles, handed
down to my son for hopefully many more miles!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #32

I have found that all skoots have their little idiosincrocies and we must adapt to them. as long as there is nothing wrong with the skoot.
The Vaq gets blown around with wind gusts and turbulance off other vehicles, especially trucks.
All I have to do is to ride my Hayabusa which weighs 500 pnds with a full tank of gas (60 pnds lighter than a stock Busa and 300+ pnds lighter than the Vaq). That thing gets tossed around even moreso by wind gusts so makes me appreciate the Vaq.
I ride with some H/D peeps that have what I feel are far more aerodynamic fairings Harley has put on their skoots and they don't get the buffeting I do. Just looking at the Voyager/Vaquero front fairing I can see it is not as aerodynamic as other designs.
I ain't complaining, the Vaq is a great skoot. Almost 38,000 mls in 25 months affirms that!

RACNRAY

Old 05-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #33

My voyager rides like a dream also until we get in them diagonal 15-25 mph winds. A lot of things can and do effect even the big cruisers. I went from a 2003 classic 1600 to a 2006 Nomad 1600, and now the voyager. They all got squirrely in the wind and on the grooves.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by landman View Post
recommended tire pressure is two low in my opinion.bump it up to 40#'s which is what
i run in my vaquero.you don't know what wind effect is untill you been riding awhile in wyoming.
the fairing handles better in the wind then the big nomad windshield.
I agree, my Nomad was a "wanderer" until I raised the PSI.

Hey Bob can you turn off that wind on I-80 for us on Monday 6/24??

I 80 has to be one of the worst rides ever. I have driven it in a car and it was terrible. Weather and scenery suck.
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 05-27-2013, 12:16 AM   #35

Not sure about the Vaquero, but I have a 2010 Nomad... the wind effect on the quick steering was one of the first things I noticed compared to my last bike.
Not much wind in my area so its not a problem here... but one time on a 1,000 mile trip up the coast with the wife on the back and a fair sized t-bag and a lot of changing coast winds and gusts I let out some front tire air pressure, from my usual 38 lbs down to 28 lbs and the bike tracked way better in the winds. I'm not sure how this will affect tire wear long term, I put it back up to my usual pressure after I got off the coast. I run 40 - 42 in the back.

Kawasaki 2010 Nomad 1700
Southern Oregon

Vance & Hines slash cut slip-ons
Cobra Powerpro CVT
Thunder Air Kit, stock cover
Kuryakyn Power Point 12v adaptor
Cobra Luggage Rack
Grasshopper back rest
Tomtom GPS

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #36

Try riding here in Oklahoma, I don't think the winds ever stop blowing. I ride to and from work (west, then east) with the winds out of the north and south usaully about 20mph + on a Vaquero so I don;t know of its the bike or the wind!