Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 06-08-2017, 02:55 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullbagger View Post
I was at York bike week in PA. several years ago, I got up one morning went out to the bikes and I forgot to take the brake lock off the rotor, I made it
about 16 inches and down I went. ( '99 1500 vulcan) embarrassment will help you pick it up by yourself
moments later the wife went to put down her foot at a stop, and boot lace was wrapped around the peg and down she went, right in front of a school bus man I can still hear those kids now laughing and mocking!

Shop around for one of these,and you wont do it again.Great security for the bike when you park up anywhere too.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ock-with-alarm

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-08-2017, 03:07 PM   #32

Twice i have lost the front end while braking in a car park,at a bit over walking pace.Admittedly the surface was wet,and i was braking hard to avoid women, who changed thier mind on where they were going to park,at the last second.I have also locked up the back wheel a few times,and the arse end wags from left to right like a dogs tail. These bikes are nothing short of dangerous under heavy braking.Only a few weeks ago i dropped it with the trailer on the back,and really hurt my ankle,also got a poke on the eye from the mirror.Again only 10-15mph on a hairpin,downhill bend.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:48 PM   #33
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
Twice i have lost the front end while braking in a car park,at a bit over walking pace.Admittedly the surface was wet,and i was braking hard to avoid women, who changed thier mind on where they were going to park,at the last second.I have also locked up the back wheel a few times,and the arse end wags from left to right like a dogs tail. These bikes are nothing short of dangerous under heavy braking.Only a few weeks ago i dropped it with the trailer on the back,and really hurt my ankle,also got a poke on the eye from the mirror.Again only 10-15mph on a hairpin,downhill bend.

I've done the dog wagging thing too mate but never touched the pavement , so I didn't mention that one ( down on
one side recovered, and immediately down the other side recovered then stopped for bit to pic the seat out of my pants- definitely a pucker moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk