Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-18-2009, 03:42 PM   #31

You stereo guys and gals.....

Well, obviously I got the picture inserted. Would anyone like to tell me how to get the picture in the middle of the post? I don't want it in the signature area.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-19-2009, 01:45 AM   #32

The brackets that came with my system were already drilled to the right size to mount on the mirrors. My iPod is well hide inside the windshield bag and to look at the bike all you can see is a pair of speakers. Everything else is well hid but I do take my iPod out of the windshield bag and lock in the side bags when I leave the bike.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:50 AM   #33

My speaker brackets also fit my mirrors (1700) without drilling. Does anyone know if I should put an inline fuse on the hookup? It doesn't come with one but I read about people using them all the time.
I made the pattern for my windshield bag last night but I probably will not finish it until next week some time. (To many hobbies) I am sort of torn between carving a new pattern on it or making it match the chaps I made years ago.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:13 PM   #34

Had it about 6 months...now have satellite radio.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:38 AM   #35

My system came with an inline fuse.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #36

I had this setup and it worked ok for awhile but the amp fm function quit working and the plastic speaker housings looked cheap for what you paid. The speakers were low quality.I made a homemade system with 2 spotlight housings from harbor freight and 4.5 inch coaxial spakers and an amp off ebay.Use an mp3 player with fm function and can listen to music and radio. Mounted the amp in a windshiels bag.Sound Great at any speed

Old 05-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #37

Send a message via AIM to dabull

Quote:
Originally Posted by msitz1955
I had this setup and it worked ok for awhile but the amp fm function quit working and the plastic speaker housings looked cheap for what you paid. The speakers were low quality.I made a homemade system with 2 spotlight housings from harbor freight and 4.5 inch coaxial spakers and an amp off ebay.Use an mp3 player with fm function and can listen to music and radio. Mounted the amp in a windshiels bag.I havent figured how to post pictures yet but can email them .
PM sent:)

Old 05-21-2009, 06:30 AM   #38

Kawahog,
Will do. I hope to get some pictures soon. The blue lowers and windshield really make it stand out. Now I need to fix the brown sheepskin that my Dad gave me from his bike then the matching windshield bag for the radio. I finished the carving for it last night now I have to do the gussets and sew it up then I can mount the rest.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #39

Here is a picture of the homemade system I made after the system you'll are talking gave up on me .Dabull here is the picture .Any info you need let me know

Old 05-28-2009, 06:23 AM   #40

I finished the windshield bag last night, except for the mounting and wire holes. Tonight I will pick up some black ties and start running wires. If all goes well I should have everything up and running by tomorrow. I will try to get some pictures posted when it is finished.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:42 AM   #41

This thread and a buddy of mine who has a Can Am Spyder have been a bad influence on me. Lots of nicely exectued hook-ups shown here. And the guy with the can-am wired up 4 speakers and a sub woofer and keeps rolling past my house with tunes blaring. Show off!

So after 3-4 years of back and forth, I finally ordered the rumble road set up last week. I'm still waiting for it to arrive... hopefully today. If it comes, I'll probably have to blow off work tomorrow. More important things to do!

I'll post pics when I'm all wired up.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #42

Send a message via Yahoo to ruruson1

Well, my stero came in the mail on thursday before I left for work so all night I pondered how to installit and mount it. Friday morning I started the install and it went smoothly. the company included everything I needed. I do need to get a different windshield bag to mount the amp in. I purchased the 250w system and am impressed with the sound. I did figure out that how you position the speakers will greatly affect your sound at higher speeds. down low aginst the windshield I had a hard time hearing them so I moved them up on the bars and used the mirror mounts included with the kit and pointed them directily at me. the music is very clear and enjoyable at 85mph ( just a test speed ). I am wondering if I want to purchase the subwoofer that they sell and give up the space in the trunk. I also wonder if I will be able to hear it cruising down the road.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:41 AM   #43

Hey guys,

Well after much debate between a 2006 Nomad and 2003 Victory Touring Cruiser I ended up buying the Victory last September. I still like to lurk because there is a lot of good information to be found, such as the Shark system.

So after reading this thread and doing some more research I decided to buy the Shark 100W system. I got it from Amazon for $87.99 with free shipping, so it was an inexpensive (compared to other systems) way to get some music on the bike.

I installed the system last Saturday while it was raining and did not get a chance to test it out until this morning (due to rain). Overall I'm impressed with this set up. The speakers don't have the best sound without the bike running, but they sound fine doing 60 as a lot of the clarity gets lost in the bike and wind noise.

I still have to come up with a better mount for the amp as you can see from the picture. I will also probably make new brackets for the speakers so they don't crowd the speedometer so much, but for now this works just fine.

I do agree with bikermike that the speakers look cheap and will probably have to be replaced at some point, but it's easier to justify with the wife that I have to replace (upgrade) something as opposed to buying new.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:46 AM   #44

Looks good, and the price is right.