Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 12-20-2010, 10:15 PM   #31
Sr. Contributor

Motorcycle Show in Long Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson
Darn it! I wanted to use my BMW joke!!
You can if you wish. I could use a good laugh.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-21-2010, 08:25 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
I'm not even in the room and I'm gettin beatin' up!! OMG...
Hey, Brad, you went out and posed for a picture as the poster boy for Harley, then posted it here. What did you think would happen?

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #33
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank
Quote:
Hey, Brad, you went out and posed for a picture as the poster boy for Harley, then posted it here. What did you think would happen?
At least he isn't part of the GPTB. ;)
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Old 12-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #34
Top Contributor

Quote:
Whiner!!!!
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Old 12-21-2010, 12:57 PM   #35

::) I don't care what they say B.D. you looked like you were made for that "Road Glide"

Of course you know even with the 103 that the T-Bird will still SMOKE IT!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-21-2010, 01:16 PM   #36
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Dawg

Of course you know even with the 103 that the T-Bird will still SMOKE IT!
Almost anything will.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 12-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #37

Geez Ponch... lighten up a bit.

Just saying my friend... just saying. ;)

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 12-21-2010, 07:32 PM   #38
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Geez Ponch... lighten up a bit.

Just saying my friend... just saying. ;)
I'll tell you what Greg, HD has the nicest fit and finish. The touring bikes handle very well for their size, especially at low speeds. It's understandable why cops like them for city patrolling. They can be turned on a dime.

That said the bike that is making inroads with the police is the C14. I heard the CHP is going with the C14. It's interesting to read the police tests for motorcycles. CHP publishes it and I read one from Michigan. They are very thorough.

I sat on the Roadglide Ultra but they didn't have a demo unit. I rode the EG Ultra instead. Who knows what would have happened if I rode the RG Ultra. :) It was a lot of change though and they wouldn't budge on the price at all, so it was 23K large.

BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 12-21-2010, 09:39 PM   #39

I deleted my original response... but Ponch. I know you somewhat.

I am just saying... lighten-up a bit. Okay? ;)

Not everyone likes a BMW.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 12-21-2010, 09:41 PM   #40
Sr. Contributor

Greg, I have to admit you have a point. I actually was thinking about this very subject today. As a technologist, I use Apple products a lot. I used to be a true believer. Don't really care so much anymore, just see at as my preferred product although I'll probably go linux next time I buy a computer. I also thought about it in the context of my postings here. I will admit a mea culpa here. If the truth be told, I wish I could have both my Nomad and the BMW. I hated the hobson's choice really.

Anyway, I apologize for my rampant gloating and partisanship on my part. May be I am a little jealous you know. I really liked the way the HD looked but my left brain kept getting in the way. Other than that it really doesn't matter what we ride. I promise to be on my best behavior and I hope all of you just attribute it to exuberance of owning something new. I am sure no matter what I got I would have been on the bus about it.

Jim

Quote:
I hear you; but they are not pieces of crap as you have so cleverly tried to state.

I never heard such an attitude from you before you bought a BMW. Not sure, but i have clue, what brought the change of attitude in you.

Police departments buy bikes for many reasons -- sometime it is what company gives the best price-break, rather than choice. Municipalities are broke -- so price points make a difference -- don't be fooled. Other people buy bikes for many different reasons also.

Not everyone wants a bike like a BMW -- I don't. Yes they make a good bike -- but certainly not the greatest bike -- and certainly not the bike for everyone. To be frank; one could buy several different "street bikes" and get nearly the same experience for far less than a BMW. Oh yeah, it may not have this or that; but who gives a sh!t.... you'll kill yourself on it before you ever see the bikes fullest potential anyway.

Everyone knows you bought a BMW (lord knows you made the point clear); but since then you have literally ripped on every bike mentioned on this site since if it isn't a BMW. When did BMW become "king of bikes" in your world. I know... since you bought one and you continually rip on other bikes since!

I am just saying that maybe you could lighten up a bit. That's all my friend... just lighten up. Your "rap" is beginning to sound like the typical BMW owner.

Just think about it my friend. Think about it and reflect on your posts. I believe you'll see what I am saying. ;)
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 12-21-2010, 09:45 PM   #41

Send a message via AIM to Idaho

Now that shows class. Way to go Jim
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 12-21-2010, 09:45 PM   #42
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

I like Gold Wings, HD's, Beemers, Yamaha's, suzuki's, and I ride a Kawasaki... I hope to get to ride Ponch's Beemer next year so I can feel another man's ride through my soul..

I like them all!!! Bikes are like women..... We always want to ride a bike we don't own!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 12-21-2010, 09:47 PM   #43
Sr. Contributor

I've always said, test ride them all!

Quote:
I like Gold Wings, HD's, Beemers, Yamaha's, suzuki's, and I ride a Kawasaki... I hope to get to ride Ponch's Beemer next year so I can feel another man's ride through my soul..

I like them all!!! Bikes are like women..... We always want to ride a bike we don't own!
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 12-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch
Greg, I have to admit you have a point. I actually was thinking about this very subject today. As a technologist, I use Apple products a lot. I used to be a true believer. Don't really care so much anymore, just see at as my preferred product although I'll probably go linux next time I buy a computer. I also thought about it in the context of my postings here. I will admit a mea culpa here. If the truth be told, I wish I could have both my Nomad and the BMW. I hated the hobson's choice really.

Anyway, I apologize for my rampant gloating and partisanship on my part. May be I am a little jealous you know. I really liked the way the HD looked but my left brain kept getting in the way. Other than that it really doesn't matter what we ride. I promise to be on my best behavior and I hope all of you just attribute it to exuberance of owning something new. I am sure no matter what I got I would have been on the bus about it.

Jim

Quote:
I hear you; but they are not pieces of crap as you have so cleverly tried to state.

I never heard such an attitude from you before you bought a BMW. Not sure, but i have clue, what brought the change of attitude in you.

Police departments buy bikes for many reasons -- sometime it is what company gives the best price-break, rather than choice. Municipalities are broke -- so price points make a difference -- don't be fooled. Other people buy bikes for many different reasons also.

Not everyone wants a bike like a BMW -- I don't. Yes they make a good bike -- but certainly not the greatest bike -- and certainly not the bike for everyone. To be frank; one could buy several different "street bikes" and get nearly the same experience for far less than a BMW. Oh yeah, it may not have this or that; but who gives a sh!t.... you'll kill yourself on it before you ever see the bikes fullest potential anyway.

Everyone knows you bought a BMW (lord knows you made the point clear); but since then you have literally ripped on every bike mentioned on this site since if it isn't a BMW. When did BMW become "king of bikes" in your world. I know... since you bought one and you continually rip on other bikes since!

I am just saying that maybe you could lighten up a bit. That's all my friend... just lighten up. Your "rap" is beginning to sound like the typical BMW owner.

Just think about it my friend. Think about it and reflect on your posts. I believe you'll see what I am saying. ;)
Ponch,

I'll bet you didn't know I was likely the happiest person for you when you got your BMW -- more than you know. I mentioned to you that I should have one for the "twisties" that I like to ride (and it would be a great bike for that -- no doubt).

I knew you were extremely excited about the bike; and you should be - and continue to be.

I have met you, ridden with you, and have emailed you a couple times. I appreciate your input to many things beyond what you might imagine.

I am glad to see your exuberance regarding your bike -- you should enjoy that feeling and accomplishment in having what you want -- besides, you worked hard for a lot of years to have it.

But more importantly I am glad to see your humbleness in understanding in the moment of one's own excitement we might sometimes step upon the toes of others unintentionally -- and I knew you were not intentional in your "steps".

That was all I was saying... and Lord knows... I haven't ever learned to use "tact" in my approach to many things. To that I apologize. To you I thank you for your comments. ;)

VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 12-21-2010, 10:07 PM   #45
Sr. Contributor

I took no offense and appreciate the directness. Part of that is that I know you well enough and part of it is I'd rather work that way. Thank you for understanding. I appreciate it.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch

Jim
Ponch,

I'll bet you didn't know I was likely the happiest person for you when you got your BMW -- more than you know. I mentioned to you that I should have one for the "twisties" that I like to ride (and it would be a great bike for that -- no doubt).

I knew you were extremely excited about the bike; and you should be - and continue to be.

I have met you, ridden with you, and have emailed you a couple times. I appreciate your input to many things beyond what you might imagine.

I am glad to see your exuberance regarding your bike -- you should enjoy that feeling and accomplishment in having what you want -- besides, you worked hard for a lot of years to have it.

But more importantly I am glad to see your humbleness in understanding in the moment of one's own excitement we might sometimes step upon the toes of others unintentionally -- and I knew you were not intentional in your "steps".

That was all I was saying... and Lord knows... I haven't ever learned to use "tact" in my approach to many things. To that I apologize. To you I thank you for your comments. ;)
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT