Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-26-2016, 09:59 PM   #481
Advanced Member

I had the Cobra FI2000 powerpro auto tuner too and over 400 bones, for nothing. After the flash, everything changed for the better in every way and yes, 6th gear thunders hard now, really picks up and I have already achieved a higher top end speed just so everyone knows.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-26-2016, 11:05 PM   #482

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlknvlcn60 View Post
I had the Cobra FI2000 powerpro auto tuner too and over 400 bones, for nothing. After the flash, everything changed for the better in every way and yes, 6th gear thunders hard now, really picks up and I have already achieved a higher top end speed just so everyone knows.
Ok how fast did you go?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Grasshopper Backrest
8" Windvest windshield

Old 05-31-2016, 08:34 AM   #483

I had Ivan's flashed ECU in my 2013 stryker and will be picking up my 16 Vaqero this week and she is going right to the garage and getting parked until I get the ECU back from Ivan.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:25 PM   #484
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yes, How fast did you go? I need to know if my guarding angel can fly that fast.

You make a living by what you get,
You make a life by what you give.

The measure of a man can be summed up by
how he treats people who are the least significant to him.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:40 PM   #485
Advanced Member

Randog I have seen an indicated 122 on the speedo and had a little more if the road hadn't come to a twist. Honestly, really. Not bad for a hulka-monster bagger.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-31-2016, 04:06 PM   #486

At 5000 ft altitude, mine seems to run out of steam at an indicated 115 MPH in 6th. I couldn't really do anything over 85 MPH in 6th before because it was a dog, I had to be in 5th gear to go faster.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:30 PM   #487
Advanced Member

My house is at only 2950 ft. above sea level so lots of power in the bike but we get up to over 6,000 at times and it still runs with good power thanks to the Ivan tune.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:32 PM   #488

Quote:
Randog I have seen an indicated 122 on the speedo and had a little more if the road hadn't come to a twist. Honestly, really. Not bad for a hulka-monster bagger.
That's very respectable for a bike of this size. Ride safe!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Grasshopper Backrest
8" Windvest windshield

Last edited by randog; 05-31-2016 at 09:57 PM.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:07 AM   #489
Advanced Member

I have no idea what my top speed in 6th is. Got a stretch of road on the way home from work I can open it up for a bit. Hit 100 a few times still in 5th. If it stayed straight a little longer I might be able to find out.
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Old 06-01-2016, 03:09 PM   #490

Can anyone please tell me where the ECU is located? I'm picking my new bike up later and want to send the ECU out first thing tomorrow. Thanks joe

Old 06-01-2016, 03:14 PM   #491
Advanced Member

Take off the seat. You'll see the battery cover. (pictured) Take it off and it's on the left side of the battery.

PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Last edited by Scootergptx; 06-01-2016 at 03:23 PM.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:15 PM   #492
Advanced Member

Just to clarify the above awesome pic...it is in the battery box, to the left of the battery.

Old 06-01-2016, 04:44 PM   #493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootergptx View Post
Take off the seat. You'll see the battery cover. (pictured) Take it off and it's on the left side of the battery.

thanks you very much!

Old 06-05-2016, 01:50 PM   #494

Had the reflash done at Ivan's shop yesterday since I live a 30 minute drive south of him. I feel bad for those that had to ship their ECU in. As everyone knows, no matter the product you are researching, nothing beats side by side or in this case, back to back comparisons. To ride to his shop in stock form and then leave with the reflash is to immediately be able to compare the difference...I was expecting noticeable improvement from this thread, but WOW!!!!
I also have the RACNRAY throttle mod which is 10000% compatible. I will never know if I would have needed it if I knew about the reflash first, but I don't regret getting it either as it DID improve low speed drivability for a very reasonable price while waiting for Ivan's work to be done on the 2015s.
As many of you have noted, it is like getting a new bike.
Thank you Ivan!

Old 06-07-2016, 07:16 PM   #495

Mileage since the reflash. This is with the chuckster intake and Freedom performance exhaust. I've checked 3 tanks and all have been 41-43.