Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 12-18-2007, 05:20 PM   #61
Top Contributor

Concealed Carry on Bike

Quote:
Check this out...I was in Haifa Israel in 1990 and there was a attempted bank robbery. The majority of people carry in Israel as part of their national defense programs. There was an article in the local newspaper about the robbery...it literally read -- "the clerk refused to give the man money. As the suspect fled, the crowd heckled him. He fired into the crowd...'the crowd fired back'...and the man succumbed to his wounds at the scene of the crime."

IT WAS AWESOME! I think that if more honest people carried in our country, the inexperienced knuckle-head robbers would get a loud and clear message that the risk of taking someone else's property is definitely not worth it.
Amen Brother....being in VA...did you get to read what the VT pistol and rifle club said regarding the idiot that killed innocent folks on that campus last year...I only saw it once..but he was advocating carry on campus and said the massacre would never have happened if CC was allowed ..... the press made a mistake by asking him once in a live interview and then never gave them anymore coverage...imagine that.

Justin Ligon, 23, a Virginia Tech student and vice president of the school's Pistol and Rifle Club, with about a dozen members who do their shooting at a public firing range, said the Blacksburg, Va., university should drop its prohibition on guns.

He said it is unlikely that bringing guns on campus would make school more dangerous.

"People with those permits, they go through a background check," he said. "Generally the people who go through that trouble aren't people who are gong to fly off the handle and do something dangerous."

and from their website:

Like everyone else in our community, the members of Virginia Tech’s Pistol and Rifle Club mourn the loss of our dear companions. We fully acknowledge that like all other rights in our nation, the constitutional right to bear arms can be abused, and certainly has been abused in this instance. We condemn the evil acts by the accused shooter, and we grieve for our lost friends. But, just like airplanes were not forever banned after 9-11, we certainly oppose the unconstitutional act of banning guns. We urge the VT community to exercise reason and restraint, and note that restricting appropriate firearms for good, responsible citizens leaves the field completely open to psychopathic criminals.

Of course we need tort reform also, so the family of the psychopath cannot then turn around a take all of the accumulated assets that the law abiding citizen has just because they prevented a huge tragedy.....Tort reform...Tort reform....

OK...off my political soapbox.

I LOVE RIDING MY NOMAD

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-18-2007, 05:33 PM   #62

Concealed Carry on Bike

A gun is only a tool. It is no more dangerous than a hammer, screwdriver, or motorcycle. Laws or not meant to be our parents and keep us all from harm. It takes common sense and a good belief and understanding of what is right and what is wrong. Banning guns is only the pot under the leak in the roof. No law can fix the roof.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:48 PM   #63
Top Contributor

Concealed Carry on Bike

Quote:
Check this out...I was in Haifa Israel in 1990 and there was a attempted bank robbery. The majority of people carry in Israel as part of their national defense programs. There was an article in the local newspaper about the robbery...it literally read -- "the clerk refused to give the man money. As the suspect fled, the crowd heckled him. He fired into the crowd...'the crowd fired back'...and the man succumbed to his wounds at the scene of the crime."

IT WAS AWESOME! I think that if more honest people carried in our country, the inexperienced knuckle-head robbers would get a loud and clear message that the risk of taking someone else's property is definitely not worth it.
I'm not an advocate of returning to the Wild West where everyone was supposed packing heat, including the psychopaths and idiots. Nor is this what dui546 is advocating. Now, with that said let me tell you about some local history. A number of years ago the city of Kennesaw, Georgia (in the metro Atlanta area) passed a city ordinance which REQUIRED all homeowners or heads of households in the city to own/possess a firearm. Even though they made it very clear that no one was going to go house to house to enforce this law, it was passed and is still on the books today. Guess what happened? There was an immediate and significant drop in the crime rate in Kennesaw!

The last time I saw crime rate statistics for the metro Atlanta area, Kennesaw was still lower than the rest.

So, I agree with dui, if there were large numbers of citizens who were licensed, trained and carrying, a whole lot of criminals might have to change careers!

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 12-18-2007, 05:58 PM   #64
Top Contributor

Concealed Carry on Bike

THAT'S IT.....I NOW KNOW WHERE I AM RETIRING....KENNESAW, GA I may just move down early.

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 12-18-2007, 09:44 PM   #65

Concealed Carry on Bike

AMEN Brother Nomad Riders!

My Nomad is my escape. We all need one.

When I read this topic about concealed carry on a bike I was happy to see the great discussion and experienced feedback. We come from varied backgrounds and life experience. I guarantee that, if you have any questions about any topic, you will get quality answers and informed feedback from the members of KawaNOW. GOOD ON EACH OF YOU.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-19-2007, 09:12 PM   #66

Concealed Carry on Bike

Old 12-19-2007, 10:19 PM   #67

Concealed Carry on Bike

New member here. First posting since joining in September. Just wanted to give my two cents but Dano beat me two it. I've been a LEO for almost 25 years full time both in a large city{one million}and a small city{12,000}. If you carry a handgun CARRY IT ON YOUR PERSON AT ALL TIMES!! A handgun is like a tourniquet in a first aid kit, you can carry it for years and never need it but if the time ever comes that you need it you better be able to grab it instantly! Everything Dano says is dead center on target. ;)

Old 12-19-2007, 10:30 PM   #68
Sr. Contributor

Concealed Carry on Bike

http://www.coltsmfg.com/cmci/Series70.asp

Quote:
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 12-19-2007, 11:43 PM   #69

Concealed Carry on Bike

"Better to be tried by twelve, than to be carried by six"

Old 12-20-2007, 12:45 PM   #70
Top Contributor

Concealed Carry on Bike

Quote:
A lesson to live by Big Guy.

Old 12-20-2007, 01:01 PM   #71

Concealed Carry on Bike

The only pistol I own is a .41 mag Ruger Bisley with 7.5" barrell. It's kinda big to conceal. I'd love to get something a little smaller. But What?

Old 12-20-2007, 01:16 PM   #72

Concealed Carry on Bike

Quote:

You stole my next quote!

Ditto I say!!!

Old 12-20-2007, 04:38 PM   #73
Top Contributor

Concealed Carry on Bike

Quote:
The only pistol I own is a .41 mag Ruger Bisley with 7.5" barrell. It's kinda big to conceal. I'd love to get something a little smaller. But What?
a St.Christopher medal :)

Old 12-20-2007, 07:44 PM   #74
Sr. Contributor

Concealed Carry on Bike

First is to decide revolver or auto? I like the 1911 in Auto, and for concealability in a revolver, a 2.5" .357 makes a good piece. You could carry the Bisley, but it would have to be a shoulder rig. I used pack a 8" Dan Wesson .44. It is possible, but not the most practical. If you like .41 mag (I had a Ruger Blackhawk in .41) this may be nice: http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...06&isFirearm=Y

Quote:
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 12-20-2007, 09:37 PM   #75

Concealed Carry on Bike

Quote:
Strictly for off-duty (oh sh!t) use, I carry a Kel-Tec PF-9. It is a 9mm single stack pistol. The very handy feature is the clip on the side that is like a knife clip for your pocket. You just clip it inside your pants or pocket without a holster. The gun is thin and light. It also kicks like a mule but it is a get off me gun and not a range gun.

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/

Here is a picture of the .380 version. Sorry 'bout the picture size but it shows the clip well. The PF9 is larger for the larger round.