Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-01-2016, 10:07 AM   #76

For speedo corrections, I recommend separate calibrators (Yellow Box or speedo healer) due to tire size differences and gearing changes that people do.

They are inexpensive and can be adjusted in minutes exactly to your setup.

Ivan

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-04-2016, 06:28 PM   #77

Ivan:
Do you do the ecu flash for a 2014 Victory Cross Country tour??
Bob
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Old 03-14-2016, 05:46 PM   #78

Hi Ivan,

I have a 2015 Voyager 1700 that is stock except for RACNRAY'S Throttle Mod. I live in California so I do want to keep the bike stock in case they start annual inspections. If I had this done on my bike and it had to be inspected would it be noticed in an inspection?

Would the dealership be able to know if this was done when they are servicing my bike? I have an extended warranty on the bike that I don't want to lose.

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Old 03-14-2016, 06:23 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Hog View Post
Hi Ivan,

I have a 2015 Voyager 1700 that is stock except for RACNRAY'S Throttle Mod. I live in California so I do want to keep the bike stock in case they start annual inspections. If I had this done on my bike and it had to be inspected would it be noticed in an inspection?

Would the dealership be able to know if this was done when they are servicing my bike? I have an extended warranty on the bike that I don't want to lose.
Hi JD,

The ECU does get engraved, and it also gets one of my stickers.

I sincerely doubt that anyone would pull it out to look at it unless they had a specific reason to... (troubleshooting, etc...)
As long as your bike has the catalyst, you should pass inspection.

Also, this bike does not get a raised rev-limit, so there should be no issues with warranty at all.

Ivan

Old 03-14-2016, 06:28 PM   #80

What do you mean when you say "engraved"?

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-14-2016, 06:30 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan_ipp View Post
2015 & 2016 models have been added and are now available....

Classic is on deck... should be available within a week or 2.
The Classic is the most restricted of the 1700 models, as the throttle closes to 80% opening above 4500 rpm.

I'll post the Classic's chart on my site when I finish the final adjustments.

Ivan
Just the fact that he has differentiated from earlier models and '15 and up tells me this guy is on his game. Ivan: no problem with the 02 Sensors the '15 and later models have?

Old 03-14-2016, 07:15 PM   #82
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erilflynn View Post
Just the fact that he has differentiated from earlier models and '15 and up tells me this guy is on his game. Ivan: no problem with the 02 Sensors the '15 and later models have?
I found out about this not from here...I missed this thread. I found out on a sport bike forum that I hang at in Ohio. His rep is impeccable. He is almost God-like in the sport bike crowd.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:42 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Hog View Post
What do you mean when you say "engraved"?
Engraved... as in a buzzing engraver putting my file name on it on the back side. :)

No ECU leaves without being engraved ..it's the only proof that I programmed it. There are no exceptions to this.

Ivan

Old 03-14-2016, 07:47 PM   #84

Quote:
The 02 gets turned off in the programming, and then unplugged ....it's the only way to have a stable fuel mixture.

Ivan

Old 03-14-2016, 09:21 PM   #85

I can speak for a 2015 Vaquero and let me tell you. You will be very impressed with the new tuning. I got a chance to put 200 miles on mine this past weekend. Very responsive, NO decal pop at all, and more power. I really had a hard time staying out of it. Believe me, I put the throttle to it and also used engine braking at high rpm's and I had no issue whatsoever. I do have Cobra tri flo slip ons and man they sounded good. Best thing I have done to mine was Ivan's flash. I still cannot believe that my Vaquero can perform this good. More than satisfied.

Last edited by Tim1128; 03-14-2016 at 09:35 PM.

Old 03-15-2016, 08:27 AM   #86
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim1128 View Post
I got a chance to put 200 miles on mine this past weekend..
What did it do to your fuel mileage? I expect a drop, but curious how much.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:57 AM   #87

Quote:
The 02 gets turned off in the programming, and then unplugged ....it's the only way to have a stable fuel mixture.

Ivan
So you physically unplug the O2 from the muffler and put the bunge back in? Would I have to unplug it from the ECU ( I assume this is where it goes). Hope these are not too simple questions.

Old 03-15-2016, 10:26 AM   #88

Quote:

Ivan
So you physically unplug the O2 from the muffler and put the bunge back in? Would I have to unplug it from the ECU ( I assume this is where it goes). Hope these are not too simple questions.

Old 03-15-2016, 11:05 AM   #89

Quote:
u can call ivan 845-268-1212 he will walk u through it

sounds like all u do is remove the o2 and put the plug in -- the o2 circuit is disabled in the ecm

if u aren't happy it can be put back to original at no cost

Old 03-15-2016, 11:34 AM   #90

Received Ivan's ECU for a 2012 Voyager last week. This was arguably the worst 1700 we've seen for decel popping. With the new ECU flash it was gone! Pulled it out and tested it in 2 other 1700's with V&H slip ons, same result. I have 3 others going out to Ivan today or tomorrow. If you're half as sick of the decel popping as I am, don't wait, send it out. All this other BS about warranty etc... find something else to worry about and send it now. The chance of that ever becoming an issue isn't worth not doing it. Enough said.