Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #1

Trailer Hitch for Vaquero..

Do they make a trailer hitch for a 2011 Vaquero and where do I look or who do I call ?...Thanks !!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #2

I have a Hidden Hitch on my Vaquero. Same year as yours. I had my local shop get it in from Hitch Doctor. They do not have this hitch listed on their website but they do make it if you give them a call. I like this hitch because once the ball portion is removed you CANNOT see the hitch at all. You have to lay down and look up under the rear fender to see it. No extra drilling is required for installation. Just replace your factory rear fender bolts with the ones supplied and you're good. Fairly simple install that I did myself.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #3

Drof can you post some pics. That sound cool
formerly 2005 Nomad - black/silver

Old 06-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #4

I will try to get some pics this evening when I return home from work. It is a really sweet setup. I did not want to change the looks of the bike at all in putting on hitch. I've seen some really ugly ones. This one foot the bill perfect. The install is very simple. I'm guessing it COULD be done without even pulling the rear tire. Would just be some cramped working.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by razwrld View Post
Do they make a trailer hitch for a 2011 Vaquero and where do I look or who do I call ?...Thanks !!!
I have one from Marvellas.com on mine. Easy install, removable ball mount, decent price.

Big Dog
Atlanta, GA
2011 Vaquero

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by drof View Post
I will try to get some pics this evening when I return home from work. It is a really sweet setup. I did not want to change the looks of the bike at all in putting on hitch. I've seen some really ugly ones. This one foot the bill perfect. The install is very simple. I'm guessing it COULD be done without even pulling the rear tire. Would just be some cramped working.
With a lot of hitch installs, all you may have to do is drop the rear wheel by jacking up the rear end and removing the lower rear shock bolts.
(Canadian Veteran Freedom Riders)
2010 VN1700 Voyager, ABS
www.cvfr.ca
VBA #02220

Old 06-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #7

Sorry it took an extra day to get these pics for you guys. Had to pull the weekend on-call supervisor duty. Anyways.... below are the pics of the hitch. Like I said, once the ball portion is removed you can't tell there is even a hitch installed on this bike. You literally have to lay so you can see up behind the rear fender. As smokey said its much easier to drop the rear tire for install, but even at that its nothing that can't be done in an evening. This hitch is called a Hidden Hitch and I got it from Hitch Doctor. They didn't have it listed on their site but a quick phone call determined they did make it. Shipping was quick and customer service great. Along with the hitch a converter is needed for the wiring. I bought a Hoppy brand converter at my local parts store. It takes the bike's five wire system and converts it to the needed four wire for the trailer. I tucked this converter neatly away behind the right side cover. I don't remember the exact price I paid or I'd tell you guys. I do remember it being a little more expensive than other alternatives. For my needs to extra cost was worth it as I DID NOT want to change the looks of the bike. This was important enough to me to spend the extra cash. Any questions ask away....