Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 12-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
VBA Founder

What I would like for Kawasaki to do.......

We've touched on this in other threads, but I don't think we've ever REALLY talked about it.....but....

If Kawasaki started making a Nomad with a Batwing Fairing like CheesyRider's.....and put the same color-schemed trunk on it....with all the electronics.....CB, XM/bluetooth capabilities, speakers in the fairing....even put some gloveboxes like Cheesyrider's......etc, etc.......

I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/a...eyRider/Nomad/
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-12-2007, 05:25 PM   #2

Trip. What do you think that would be worth??

Old 12-12-2007, 05:55 PM   #3
Top Contributor

But then is it truly a Nomad? I think the fun is in the personalization. Honestly, if the Nomad had looked like Cheesyrider's, I probably wouldn't have bought it. I like the classic look of the Nomad, in particular the lack of a fairing and no trunk. To me, if Ma Kaw had included all that stuff, it would have been a knockoff of a H-D or a GW and I wouldn't have bought it. Why bother? It already has everything and little room to grow.

The stuff that Cheesyrider added is cool and that's what makes it his. Just like what each of us add makes our bike ours. I liked the original design and wouldn't want to see it changed by anyone but me when I do my own mods.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 12-12-2007, 06:14 PM   #4
Top Contributor

I agree with SBW, for a change, if the Nomad looked like that i would not have bought it. Too close to a GW, which if I wanted that I would buy one. i wanted the Nomad because it LOOKS like a Nomad which is what i want to ride. My 2cw of course. if I wanted the Nomad loaded down with accessories/electronicics I would for sure buy a GW!

Old 12-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #5

Gotta agree with Doc and SWB on this Trip. I like the windshield and hard bag look. Don't need music, just want to enjoy the ride. I bought a tach, but its to cold to put it on. Will buy top rails and a luggage rack and will be happy with the look.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-12-2007, 07:10 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Idaho

That would be okay with me as long as it was one of a LINE of Nomads to choose from. The one Trip envisioned could be designated a Nomad T model for Touring. The bare bones model that we all love could be the Nomad C for Classic. The advantage I see would be OEM parts that would fit perfectly for our bikes if/when we wanted to make changes. Granted, they might be a bit pricey but that is the game all manufacturers play. So, I say bring it on, just don't replace the "bare bones" model that we love.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 12-12-2007, 08:21 PM   #7

Quote:
If Kawasaki started making a Nomad with a Batwing Fairing like CheesyRider's.....and put the same color-schemed trunk on it....with all the electronics.....CB, XM/bluetooth capabilities, speakers in the fairing....even put some gloveboxes like Cheesyrider's......etc, etc.......
Agreed - I'd price it at $15,500 as a Trim level - call it "Platinum" or "Limited" and give it two custom colors. Volume should get their price for the components down. I'd be fine without the CB or XM, but I need a MP3 capable FM receiver and like the bluetooth. That's about 4k less than the ceapest Wing and HD bagger. It would be better looking than the Yamaha...

We could still customize with pipes, backrests, leather and doo-dads.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:32 PM   #8

I'd like to see the fairing & trunk. But it ain't gonna happen. When, has Kawi listened to Owners? Remember Creig Vetter and the Goldwing? Didn't take Honda long to figger it out.
As they say, the rest is History.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:52 PM   #9
VBA Founder

We all have our opinions guys...and I certainly respect that. It's cool that some of you want a Nomad a certain way.....that's what makes the world go 'round. I guess what I meant was what Idaho and Mikesth said....make a "version" of the Nomad with all the accessories I described.

Flightdoc asked what would be the price on a baby like that......I'm not sure, but I would guess it would be in the 16,000 to 17,000 range. I'm guestimating that based off of the 12,900 list price Kawa's had in the past. For me, I think I would rather get a loaded Nomad for 16,000 than a GW for 19,000+. Just my 2 centavos worth.

One of my goals for KawaNOW is for it to become a consumer sounding board for Kawasaki. I would love it if some day, we could have Kawa's ear and make some suggestions.

Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 12-12-2007, 09:53 PM   #10

I'd like to see them add 12 volt refrigeration system to one of the saddle bags to keep the the beer cold.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:10 PM   #11

There is a tendency to agree with everyone so far. I bought my Nomad because it looked like an HD Roadking. Same stuff, less money. I have since added a tourpac and a batwing fairing to make it look like an Ultra. Still, same stuff, less money. I would be like Trip. If Kawasaki came out with a full dresser with all of the extra stuff on it, I would go and get one in a heart beat. I do like the idea of a basic model and add on what makes you happy.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:50 PM   #12
Advanced Member

Instead of the fairing and trunk, what if they offered a "spruced up" version: wide whitewalls, spoke wheels, studded leather, etc??? I'm basing this off the VN2000 (kind of a base model) and the VN2000LT, which has the aforementioned goodies, bags, etc.

Just a thought...
DS

Old 12-12-2007, 11:09 PM   #13

I bought my Nomads because they were Nomads. Like I said in another thread I think Ma Kawa could offer more paint options. A model with white sidewalls, spoke wheels, studs on a better seat and a factory light bar would fit in my garage in a NY minute. But like the man said When did Ma Kawa ever listen to the owners.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:15 PM   #14
Advanced Member

I for one would go and buy the loaded nomad, don't get me wrong I think haft the fun is adding the extra goodies and there is always something to add even to a loaded bike and would hate it if they ever did discontinue the stock nomad but as and option I think it would sell like a hot cup of coffee on a cold morning. just my 2 cents.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:35 PM   #15
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to donoller

i have two goldwings i bought the nomad to have something different it works great right out of the box and looks like a bike should . and it fun to ride. i am new on this page but you guys are ok i belong to several different forums and i think this is the best one . keep up the good work and ride safe