Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-04-2008, 10:25 PM   #1

Nomad sound system

The other day in the mail I got a notice from Kawa about that new sound system thats made for Nomads. It said demand to see it at your dealer. Well I happened to be there while my son was getting his 1st service on his bike, So I told the guy hey I demand to see the sound system for Nomads. Of course they didn't have one in stock but they did have price sheets on it. Its disgusting I cant believe that they would even try to push something that outrageously priced. I don't remember the exact figures but if you want, intercom, CB, sirrus, Fm Its about $1500.00. I could have puked. I new it would be salty but thats disgusting.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-04-2008, 11:02 PM   #2
Mega-Contributor

Nomad sound system

I got the same flyer in the mail. Sign up for the Kawasaki Good Times card and charge it! Ridiculously expensive.

This is where Kaw is missing the boat. They don't make a lot of accessories for the Nomad, everything has to be piecemealed together. I have a HD accessory catalog, and it's the size of a phone book. I know Kaw ain't HD, but you'd think they would rather have us spending our money on Kawasaki bling rather than making Dennis Kirk and JP Cycles rich.

Do they not listen to their customer base? Are they clueless? Kaw should make a full touring cruiser on either the Nomad or V2K platform. That would include a full fairing, trunk, sound system, cruise control, all the bells and whistles one would expect from a bike of that class.

I know I've brought this up before, and for the most part am preaching to the choir. I know they have put all their eggs in one basket, so to speak, with the Ninja, but there are millions of baby boomers out there and the youngest ones are still in their early 40's. They have disposable income and are too old for a sportbike and too young for a Gold Wing. So what do they buy? Harleys.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 05-04-2008, 11:04 PM   #3

Nomad sound system

For close to that price, you could get a fairing, and a really great sound system.

Cliff "VulcanE" Evans
2005 Blue & Silver 1600 Nomad
VBA # 320
VROC # 20381

Old 05-05-2008, 12:02 AM   #4

Nomad sound system

If HD could find a way to put bars in their dealerships, profits would soar. It seems that alot of riders go from dealership to dealership to buy T shirts or some kind of memorabilia, the rest go from bar to bar to socialize. Just imagine buy a beer and a tshirt and never leave your stool.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:04 AM   #5
Advanced Member

Nomad sound system

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
I got the same flyer in the mail. Sign up for the Kawasaki Good Times card and charge it! Ridiculously expensive.
I got a Kawasaki Good Times card when I bought my bike and the interest rate is something like 17.5% for any parts or service purchases. I asked the finance lady at the dealership why the interest rate is so high for parts and survice purchases, when the finance charge for the bike is only 6.99%. She said "Kawasaki policy". Also their policy is to apply any overpayment of monthly payments to the principle on the bike, not the higher interest parts and service purchases. You have to call them up to apply the extra payment to the higher interest rate amount. They do everything possible to screw you out of your money. I told them I was cutting up my Kawasaki card.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-05-2008, 09:20 AM   #6
Mega-Contributor

Nomad sound system

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesnomad
If HD could find a way to put bars in their dealerships, profits would soar. It seems that alot of riders go from dealership to dealership to buy T shirts or some kind of memorabilia, the rest go from bar to bar to socialize. Just imagine buy a beer and a tshirt and never leave your stool.
True statement. I went on a big charity ride sponsored by a local HD dealer. There were over 1000 bikes, 99% of them HD. We didn't all ride in formation, we could start whenever we wanted and have certain checkpoints we had to visit. The route took us past a few Harley dealers and you'd see big groups of bikes pull in to pick up the latest t-shirt or do-rag. Hilarious.

When my son and his wife went to Hawaii recently, I asked him if he happened to see a Kawasaki dealership, would he mind stopping in and seeing if they have a t-shirt for sale. They didn't sell them. My son didn't want to disappoint me - I have a HD shirt from Hawaii now. Dealers, the money is there...it's up to you whether it goes in your pocket or somewhere else!
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 05-05-2008, 09:26 AM   #7

Nomad sound system

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanE
For close to that price, you could get a fairing, and a really great sound system.
Thats sounds like a much better idea for that kind of money.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 05-05-2008, 09:55 AM   #8

Nomad sound system

I have this system in Black that I never installed. Will start a thread in the for sale section. Will sell for $100 shipped to lower 48 states. Getting a fairing.

http://www.motorcyclespeakers.net/sh...ers-26-ctg.htm

Old 05-05-2008, 03:13 PM   #9
Advanced Member

Nomad sound system

I couldn't agree with ya more CJ. Kaw is gonna miss the boat if they don't get their marketing plans together. I would look at a full dresser bike in a heart beat.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:48 PM   #10
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to donoller
Nomad sound system

price the system on a goldwing you will pass out. 800.00 just for cb.