Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2011, 04:42 PM   #1

Nomad or Goldwing

2009 Nomad
I am thinking about purchasing a 2009 Nomad. It has very low mileage and seems to be priced right. However, I have been on a Goldwing since 2001 having sold my second one in June of this year. Thought I might try something different this time (not to mention, less bucks) and I love the looks of the Nomad. With that said I have seen posts on other forums, which are not very complementary of Nomads as of late. The major concern seems to be the belt noise and need for adjustment and the noise from the transmission. I must say there was never an issue on the GW with the shaft drive and I don't understand metrics (and HD) switch to belts. Other complaints are excessive engine heat and flimsy bags. I know there is going to be more heat sitting on top of a v-twin, but would I be miserable on a Nomad? I have seen several posts on GW forums from riders, who said that if they had to have something other than a GW it would definitely be the Nomad.

All input is welcome.

Login or Register to Remove Ads