Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #1

Instability Feeling

So, I broke my vaquero in gently. First 600 miles below 2500 RPM. That meant I only went 60-65 at the most. Now that I am past the 600 mile mark I took it up to 80-85 on the interstate. When I am going over 80 I am getting a funny feeling as either a result of slight wind shifts or possibly grooves in the road. It seems like the bike is riding on a very thin blade and that it wants to suddenly (but slightly) lay over one way or the other a bit. When I say lay over I don’t mean going down but rather like it breaks over in one direction or another very quickly. It his possibly normal for this bike because of such a large faring catching the wind? If so that is disappointing to me because I I thought a frame mounted fairing would cause the bike to be more stable than a fork mounted one. And for those who may ask about tires I am running the recommended pressures from the manual. Your thoughts and insight are appreciated.

Login or Register to Remove Ads