Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 11-29-2011, 08:59 AM   #1

vaquero windshield

Anybody tried the Bagger shield ? I've been looking at it and the rifle??? I'm 5' 10". Have a gel seat coming so I believe it will raise me up a little more..prefer the looks of a dark shield and look over it. What ya'll think of bagger shield? Opinions please, and size? 12"?
Thanks Crab

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #2

Crab, I'm not familiar with the "bagger" shield or "rifle", but here's the one I installed on my vaquero. -See link below- I'm 6'1" and this 9" shield is barely tall enough. It's a joy to use, but you're right, when I put my gel seat on, the shield becomes almost too short, but still better than the stock windscreen. My goal was to stay as short as possible, so I guess I succeeded :)

The nice thing about Cee-Bailey is you can get a variety of tints in any height (they do custom heights too).

http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=23723

Cee-Bailey: http://www.ceebaileys.com/kawasaki/v...aquero_ws.html

Old 11-29-2011, 06:20 PM   #3

Windvest now makes a flip up shield for the Voyager/Vaquero that gives you 3" of additional wind protection. A friend of mine installed a 9" that gives you the protection of a 12" shield on his Vaquero. He's very happy with it, and it looks great.
2011 Vaquero-sold

Old 11-29-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
Mega-Contributor

See, now if Kaw was serious about these bikes, they'd build the Vaquero/Voyager with an electric windshield that you could raise or lower like on a Vision.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 11-29-2011, 07:11 PM   #5

I wonder why Harley hasn't come up with that one....
2011 Vaquero-sold

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #6
Mega-Contributor

I can't see how it could work in a batwing fairing, maybe in a Road Glide?
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 11-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #7

Harley isn't necessarily the cutting edge of technology, so I wouldn't put much pressure on them to come up with anything new on their own. - Besides, the Cross Country is a fork mounted fairing just like the batwings.

2012 Victory Cross Country

With one foot on my soapbox:
People complain about the unorthodox looks of the new Kawasaki's as it is. It seems most things non-traditional for a bike earn a "not my cup of tea" reaction. Do you really think those same critics would appreciate the tracks running up the windscreen? From my observations they would praise its function but still not buy into it because it's not traditional, or cost too much. Kudos to Victory for giving it a shot.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crab View Post
Anybody tried the Bagger shield ? I've been looking at it and the rifle??? I'm 5' 10". Have a gel seat coming so I believe it will raise me up a little more..prefer the looks of a dark shield and look over it. What ya'll think of bagger shield? Opinions please, and size? 12"?
Thanks Crab
My baggershield (8 - 12.5") should be arriving this week, decided to give it a try. I am 6' and on stock seat.

Don't know when I can offer a review, I am in the middle of a wet heavy snowfall with 6" so far, and no sign of letting up.

I am hoping to ride with the tinted 8" most of the time, but do have a 17 mile 55mph zone ride to work. If I have major buffeting around my helmet, noise in ears, and can't hear the radio, I will probably buy a taller one.

If the 8" works decent for me, I then plan to use the 12.5" flip up if heading out on a major highway /distance trip, then flop it back down for the more local riding.

VBA #01898

Old 11-29-2011, 10:05 PM   #9

any info on the windvest? I cant find it anywhere

Old 11-29-2011, 11:36 PM   #10

It's a brand new product and likely not on their website. I suggest a call to them for information.
2011 Vaquero-sold

Old 12-16-2011, 02:02 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestephens View Post
Crab, I'm not familiar with the "bagger" shield or "rifle", but here's the one I installed on my vaquero. -See link below- I'm 6'1" and this 9" shield is barely tall enough. It's a joy to use, but you're right, when I put my gel seat on, the shield becomes almost too short, but still better than the stock windscreen. My goal was to stay as short as possible, so I guess I succeeded :)

The nice thing about Cee-Bailey is you can get a variety of tints in any height (they do custom heights too).

http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=23723

Cee-Bailey: http://www.ceebaileys.com/kawasaki/v...aquero_ws.html

Went through the stock ws, was too low, then went with a 12" from Kawasaki, too high and sold it along with the stock one.

Bought me a dark smoked 9" from Cee Baileys and it is just right for me, I am 5'9" and I just look over it and thus get a small amount of air in the summer to keep me a little cooler and not too much in winter so that I still stay warmer, of course my soft lowers from Classic Chaps also help in winter time.

Roadie
2011 Vaquero
"Magia Negra"
Black is Faster

Amsoil Oil
TLC Bag Liners
PH Custom Bag Bras
Power Commander V
Cobra Tri-Oval SlipOns
Thunder Tornado Air Kit
Madcorider Oil Tempstick
Marvellas Trailer Hitch Kit
Rumbling Pride Flag Mounts
Sage Brush Leather Tank Bib
Grasshopper Drivers Backrest
Classic's Engine/Road Bar Chaps
Cee Bailey's 9" Smoked Windscreen

4 Wheels Move the Body ..... 2 Wheels Move the Soul

Old 04-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4bob View Post
My baggershield (8 - 12.5") should be arriving this week, decided to give it a try. I am 6' and on stock seat.

Don't know when I can offer a review, I am in the middle of a wet heavy snowfall with 6" so far, and no sign of letting up.

I am hoping to ride with the tinted 8" most of the time, but do have a 17 mile 55mph zone ride to work. If I have major buffeting around my helmet, noise in ears, and can't hear the radio, I will probably buy a taller one.

If the 8" works decent for me, I then plan to use the 12.5" flip up if heading out on a major highway /distance trip, then flop it back down for the more local riding.
that's what I've been doing - and its either too much noise/air or not enough protection - looking at this new flip lip looking shield now prolly split the difference - maybe 10"

Old 05-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #13

Element 80, last week while in Laughlin for the River Run, I put a Wind Vest 10" Shield on my Voayger. had the oppritunity to try before buying, and Love it.......
they have them in 8" and 10" and they work GREAT! Wish I had it for the first half of the 700 mile trip but comming home sure was nice.

2012 Voyager / Gone
2006 Vulcan Classic Anniversary Edition / Gone

VBA #02052
VROC #34932

Old 05-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #14

Ordered a clearview and just heard from them today. It is in third and final stage. About another week.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #15

May have my Bagger shield for sale shortly, may know by end of the week.

Americas Guardians PS MC
President, Tennessee 16-A
VBA #02203
"Blaze" 2017 Vaquero
"Black Magic" 2011 Vaquero, 69k miles, handed
down to my son for hopefully many more miles!