Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 05-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #1

FOR SALE: Tourmaster 24L tankbag

While cleaning out the basement, I came across the Tourmaster tankbag I used on previous bikes I used to own. It is the 24 liter size.
Details: First off, I wouldn't recommend this for use on a Nomad. Why? Well, it will cover up your speedo and it won't fit well on the large tank anyways. If you have a second bike that doesn't have a tank mounted speedo, this would work.
It is not a magnetic mount. Instead, it has a strap that goes around the steering yoke in the front, and a strap that you secure under the seat in the back. It then uses quick release plastic connectors to mount and release it from the straps. Both straps are easily tightened, and I never had an issue with it moving around while riding.
The outside dimensions are approximately 16" long, 13" wide, and 9" high. The dimension of the inside storage area is approximately 12" by 9". It has a clear map cover on the top, as well as a zippered outside pocket on all four sides. It also comes with a neoprene tank protector that goes underneath it to protect your tank. It also has a rain cover. The neoprene protector is in the first picture below.
I used this on a Kawasaki Ninja 500 and a Honda CBR 600 that I previously owned and it worked great on both bikes. I never had a scratch on either bike from the bag. It's in excellent condition with no rips, tears, or stains. Again, I DON'T RECOMMEND this for a Nomad.
I paid $95 for it new in 2005, and I'll ship it to your door for $40. I just want to get rid of it so someone can use it. If you're interested, PM me. Thanks!

PC

Login or Register to Remove Ads