Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #1

Made New Lowers

I started last weekend by installing a Cobra light bar which has the turnsignals straight out from the spotlight on each side. When it came time to put the lowers back on, my lowers were too tall to fit and were hitting on the bottom of the new light bar.

I posted the question here about this and learned that my lowers had been upgraded to the larger ones before I had purchased the bike. I looked around some and thought that my bike needed custom lowers, a bit larger than stock, but not as big as the old ones.

A found a plastic company here in Tucson called Creative Plastics that sold Lexan and went out and got a sheet 11x14 for $14. Earl the owner says that he also can make replacement windshields out of Lexan if there is only one curve. Didnt price it, but keeping that in mind for down the road.

Anyway, he told me to treat it like wood, cut, sand as usual. Pretty simple and turned out good.

Login or Register to Remove Ads