Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #1

Hairy Bikers

What a great show, had me hooked in the first five minutes. Great guys Paul and Bill, they show bikers in a positive way.
Two things I love, bikes and food, I just want to know how I can get a job like that!

http://www.history.com/shows/hairy-bikers
VBA #01448
2008 Metallic Ocean Blue / Neutron Silver
*the coolest colors*

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
Top Contributor

Not sure what show you're talking about but it's great when a club can promote positive bikers. I belong to the Widow's Sons. We're a Masonic motorcycle "club". None of that Hell's Angels for me.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 10-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
Sr. Contributor

'Hairy Bikers' new TV show on last night. I believe the fat guy is a chef and his partner is billed as his mechanic. They ride HD's to different locals and sample food. Most of us could do that job without any training. Watched for a few minutes.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 10-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
Mega-Contributor

VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 10-11-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
Sr. Contributor

Hahahaha....

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
CJ all growed up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deliverancekid1.jpg (25.4 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg funny_slogan_deliverance_shirt.jpg (18.0 KB, 34 views)
VBA #01448
2008 Metallic Ocean Blue / Neutron Silver
*the coolest colors*

Last edited by krash; 10-11-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #7

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafer View Post
'Hairy Bikers' new TV show on last night. I believe the fat guy is a chef and his partner is billed as his mechanic. They ride HD's to different locals and sample food. Most of us could do that job without any training. Watched for a few minutes.
Man! What a life! Heaven on Earth! Either that or booze and bikes.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
Not sure what show you're talking about but it's great when a club can promote positive bikers. I belong to the Widow's Sons. We're a Masonic motorcycle "club". None of that Hell's Angels for me.
I was going to join them a few years ago, but its one of those things I havn't got around to doing yet. Maybe someday in the future.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:38 PM   #9
Sr. Contributor

Well I gave the show another look. The first show tonite they were in La. hunting and cooking Nutrea (big rat). Quite funny actually. I'm now watching the 2nd show on tonite. They are driving a combine. Good night.

Old 10-14-2011, 11:32 PM   #10

I saw the previews, that was enough for me not to watch.
Looked like 2 fat unkempt guys riding bikes and eating like slobs.
Portraying motorcyclists in a positive way I don't think so.
Of course the guys who think Sons of Anarchy is a good show will find it entertaining.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 10-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #11

I watched the "eating swamp rats" show... it really wasn't about bikes; but rather their destinations and the food they eat -- since one of them is a chef.

So... I am not really sure why they emphasize "bikes" in the name -- because the show (so far) isn't about bikes at all.

TC... you have to lighten-up a bit. "Fat, unkempt guys eating like slobs"... thought you were talking about KawaNOW for a moment!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 10-15-2011, 06:55 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson View Post
TC... you have to lighten-up a bit.
Really
You think that will ever happen.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 10-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #13
Sr. Contributor

Hehehehehe.......

Old 10-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #14
Sr. Contributor

Actually it's a toss up as to who has the funnier show. For me at least.

Sad news, Jennifer has past away. I did not know. But she was a better biker type than the Hairy Biker boys.

Jennifer Paterson aka One Fat Lady
Jennifer was one half of the Two Fat Ladies, a popular cooking show here in Britain, and shockingly, because it happens so rarely, made it big in America. Their show focused on making the lardiest, most buttery deep fried dishes – with complete disregard to health issues.
April 3rd (tomorrow) would have been Jennifer’s 73rd birthday, so I thought it was appropriate to post this. My buddy Ryan and I ventured out yesterday to take these pictures, because there has been a lot of requests for her. So here you go.
Jennifer, with her partner – the twenty years-younger Clarissa Dickson Wright, taped their last show at the Knowlsley Safari Park. A few weeks before, Jennifer was feeling sick and lost her appetite, which was "not like Jennifer. It’s absolutely terrifying. It just wasn’t apparent before then." According to Clarissa. Jennifer was diagnosed with lung cancer. She was a chain smoker.
Jennifer lived in a place called Ashley Gardens, in London. Her apartment number was 180a. Notice the little motorbike parked outside. I thought that was a fitting touch, but there was an empty bag of rice cakes blowing by, and I'm thought that was a touching bit of irony. You see? Sometimes we do get it.
After she was diagnosed, she was taken to the Chelsea and Westminster hospital. I didn’t get pics of that, dammit. Completely forgot. Thankfully, Findadeath friend Paul Bishop did, and here we are.
Findadeath.com friend Tim Chadwick sends this info:
She was a serious boozer and kept smoking and drinking in hospital right up to the end (it's terminal cancer - so why not?)....anyway a friend of hers phoned up to ask how she was and Jennifer nonchalantly replied "I'm dying dear". Thanks Tim.

Just before she died, her partner Clarissa went to visit, with a tin of caviar. Just before she left home, she got a phone call telling her that Jennifer had passed away. So… she ate it. "I didn’t get a chance to say goodbye, so I stayed at home and ate caviar in her memory." Atta girl. It was Wednesday August 10, 1999.
Her funeral was held at the Brompton Oratory. Her coffin was carried through these doors, where 1000 family and friends attended her service. There was something going on in there yesterday, well it was Sunday, so I couldn’t take a photograph of the inside, but Ryan and I did light a candle for the old dear.
One of the floral tributes included a bottle of scotch, with a note that said, "Drink ‘em dry up there." Next to her casket was her motorcycle helmet.
She is buried in Putney Vale Cemetery, in South London. Thanks Chuck.
February 2002 Findadeath.com friend Paul Morton sends us this pic from London. Thanks Paul. Best to Nigel. It was a hoot hanging out with you at Hollywood Forever.
Clarissa, the other half of the duo, said she will absolutely pursue a career in television, but would not use the name One Fat Lady. "Adopting the name One Fat Lady would be uncalled for."
A cute story I heard about them: Regarding a meal in an Italian restaurant, Jennifer quipped to the waiter, "I asked for al-dente dear, not breaka-the-dente." Recalling the same evening, Clarissa remembers, "The food was awful. They couldn’t even do simple pasta. At the end of the evening the owner tried to present Jennifer with a Ferrero Rocher, claiming "I made them myself." Jennifer drew herself up to her full height and thundered, "Then they’re bound to be disgusting!"
My buddy Ryan read somewhere that Jennifer willed her motor scooter to a priest at the Oratory, and he kept it chained up outside the rectory. We searched the area, with no luck. Jennifer did leave the Oratory £286,548 (about $400,000). Her will was written five days after entering the hospital.
It’s no secret that Jennifer was a tippler and Clarissa was a recovering alcoholic. Once I went to an awards ceremony, and the two of them were sitting at the table next to mine. They were up for an award, and when they lost, they spoke loudly of their displeasure, and left. Right in the middle of it. I thought that was great. How many other people wanted to do the same thing?! Balls of steel.
Trivia
Findadeath.com friend Beca lets us know that Jennifer was in a film once, called What Rats Won't Do. Coolness Beca. Thanks.
More: Findadeath.com friend Jim Ed sends us this: Jennifer's original dream job was to be an actress. She was in the 1965 film "Fish and Millican" starring John Millican. I saw a very funny clip of the movie where a man (presumably Millican) throws a fish from a bridge - and it lands directly in Jennifer's cleavage! She also worked for the hit TV series "Candid Camera" when it first debuted in the 1950s

Last edited by Loafer; 10-15-2011 at 09:30 PM.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:20 AM   #15

Very cool of you Loafer for posting that.

Robert(skeeter)Dozier
07 Red&Titanium Nomad
81 Suzuki 850GL
KawaNow pre#