Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-16-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Hard Lowers

Has anyone tried these hard lowers? http://jtdcycleparts.net/

If so what is the quality and how do you like them? If you have lowers from somewhere else, let me know where you got them.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #2

Hard Lowers

Those look like the same lowers that are made and sold by a member here, "xncrman" He came up with them a while ago and some members here have them. The price certainly seems right for them regardless of who sells them.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 10-16-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
Advanced Member

Hard Lowers

Your's look nice, are those adapted HDs?

Old 10-16-2010, 06:02 PM   #4

Hard Lowers

Thanks, they are made by Premeux in Quebec. They are very nice but cost a lot more, I think around $700.00 and they are still available as far as I know. They come painted to match your bike, and are real quick and easy to install.
HD lowers are wider and taller and it would be way to much cutting and reworking to get them to fit. They are not even close to fitting the Nomad crash bars.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 10-16-2010, 08:00 PM   #5
Mega-Contributor

Hard Lowers

Those lowers are in fact made by a member here.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-16-2010, 08:03 PM   #6

Hard Lowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocheese72
Has anyone tried these hard lowers? http://jtdcycleparts.net/

If so what is the quality and how do you like them? If you have lowers from somewhere else, let me know where you got them.

Ring is right, those are made and sold by xncrman (a member here). That is his website. I have had a set of these since May, and haven't gotten around to painting or mounting them yet. But the quality is very good, and fit is too.

Cliff "VulcanE" Evans
2005 Blue & Silver 1600 Nomad
VBA # 320
VROC # 20381

Old 10-17-2010, 02:59 AM   #7

Hard Lowers

heres a complete review on those hard lowers. i have a set and have ridden with them all summer and on some very cool days. first the quality is great and the price is a bargain. i wish they were available already painted. i painted my own using colorite spray cans and clear kote from a napa dealer. a real pain and not the best match, but they look nice. the fit was pretty good but needed a little trimming here and there. i guess all bikes are a little off in the crash bar area. i had soft lowers previously on my nomad and still have them on my v-star. they worked great but knocked the hell out of my mpg on the highway. the hard lowers with their more aerodynamic shape don't seem to affect mpg. my only complaint is the heat from the engine on the right side is almost unbearable on my leg on warm days. i found that if i close the air vent on the right lower it is not as bad. apparently the air coming through the vent gets super heated as it passes over the header pipes. in cool weather they really shine. i have been riding when it's in the low fifties with my chaps on, and my legs are totally comfortable. as far as looks go they really add a touch of class to the bike. i don't ride my nomad in the rain cuz it's my show bike, so i can't say much about water protection. i ride my v-star in the rain all the time with the soft lowers and my legs and feet stay dry. over all impression is they are well worth the money and look awesome. if you have oversize windshield lowers you may have to trim them for clearance. would i buy them again? you bet.