Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Old 05-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #1

Another Man Down!

My Day started out really nice but around noon hour it took a turn for the worse. I was on a ride about 90 miles from home to pick up archery supplies for the kids at school. Coming home about 40 miles away my bike went into a voilent speed wobble on the highway and I was thrown off. I was taken away by ambulance and they did a pile of x rays. Spent the rest of the day in the hospital. Thank
god I decided to wear my full face helmet at the last second as I was leaving home, or I probably wouldn't have much of a face left. I had a leather Jacket that was literally shredded along with my pants and gloves. I ended up with a pile of road rash on both arms, shoulders, knees, and even a bit below my left eye from when my head hit the ground. Thats the good part, I also broke my Right wrist and left foot. The foot is not so bad but they say the wrist is a good break. I'll be off work now for at least six weeks while this stuff heals. The bike is a total writeoff from what I remember,it tumbled and pieces flew off everywhere. I have to see a orthopedic surgean tomorrow and I'll try to see the bike as well.
Time for some rest and a painkiller, Im starting to stiffen up pretty good the last couple hours.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Login or Register to Remove Ads