Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2015, 04:56 PM   #14

So its been a while and I have about 950 miles on the RM. All I can say so far is I am very happy with it. Very smooth lots of power. Happy with the stock exhaust for now ,as I can hear the radio at 80mph. Wife loves the big back seat. I am 5'10" 180lbs and the rider triangle is the most comfortable I have experienced. I have been rear ended by drunk drivers on two seperate occasion while I was in a car and from that I sometimes get a pretty acute pain at the base of my neck when riding for more than a few hours and with this motorcycle I dont seem to get that pain at all. Also this motorcycle gets a lot of attention. Less than a month with it and people pull up at stop lights 4 different times to ask about it. One day we parked on a main street in a small town and we just watched people stop and circle it. Some getting real close looks. Yesterday a girl who apparently knows nothing about motorcycles stops and say wow what a beautiful motorcycle to my wife and I as we were parking it. So we have been having fun with it. One real difference between the Kawasaki and the Indian is the Transmission. The Indian transmission is smoother and quiet. A 6th gear roll on at 60mph and this thing responds with some power and 80 comes on in like 4 seconds. The Nomad I would have to drop down 2 gears to pass at that speed . The lower gears seem to have a wider range. So for those of you interested here is a pic from eastern LI.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150529_144644-1.jpg (98.2 KB, 48 views)

04 Meanstreak sold
Nomad sold
15 Roadmaster