Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #11

I recieved the intake parts and here is what i found. These parts are off a 2012 Voyager.

First, i could see where the right side o-ring between the t/b and manifold had not been making full contact. The manifold surface which is A MACHINED surfaced was very uneven, just as i found mine was, and had a very poor surface finish, with a "galling" pattern in the middle. Laying a straight edge across the surface revealed quite a bit of warpage-not good.

Second, there was the tell-tale signs of intake back-fires on the engine side of the manifold. Black soot on the edges showing where the backfires were escaping thru that sealed area. Out of curiosity i called the owner and asked if he had intake backfires, he said "yes ever since new".

I finished the parts today and will be sending them out next week.

I had a Vulcan owner stop by yesterday with complaints of severe exhaust backfiring on decel on his skoot with only 200 miles on it. The dealer is stumped along with the Kawi tech rep, so i told him to have the dealer service manager call me, which he did. I told the s/m of our findings and he said he would relay this to the tech rep and i might get a call from the rep. Hopefully this may help in getting the ball rolling with Kawi coming out with a FDM for those with performance complaints. We shall see.

RACNRAY