Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp58 View Post
I had it done. I was amazed how well the bike performed afterward. I also did the air temp sensor relocation from the air box to the frame neck area. Got rid of the lean mixture on this bike. Did loose 1-2 mpg but a good trade off.
Please explain the air temp sensor relocation. I have an 08 Nomad with Joe's dual plate intake would this be beneficial.
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by recumbentbob; 05-22-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by recumbentbob View Post
Please explain the air temp sensor relocation. I have an 08 Nomad with Joe's dual plate intake would this be beneficial.
I got this mod from Racnray. He also moved his airtemp sensor. It is located in the airbox on the 1700's. I added about a foot on wire to get it to the front of the bike to be able to read actual air temp not heated up airbox temp. Mind you my bike is stock. They run lean. Racnray has performance mods and i talked to him on the phone and he was running to rich after the airtemp relocate. So with the dual plate did that richen up your mixture. If it did you may run to rich with this mod. heres 2 pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00873.jpg (89.4 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00874.jpg (94.4 KB, 157 views)

Old 05-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #3

Great mod, excellent customer service, fantastic communication and a hell of a nice guy. Wish I lived near him for service. Thanks again Ray!!