Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to sgtburg
2011 Vaquero Cruise Control

Last week my cruise control stopped working. Has anyone else had an issue with this and if so, what did you do to solve the problem? I've taken it to the dealer and they seem to be having problems getting it to work.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-04-2013, 12:05 AM   #2

no problems with mine but your dealer will need to fix it under warranty.
VBA # 745 COG #11621
wheatland,wy.
rallies-custer 09,kalispell 10,crescent city 11,kanab 12,estes park 13,orifino 14.,red lodge 16

2015 ninja 1000 abs
2014 concourse 14
2012 concourse 14-sold
2011 vaquero-sold
2008 nomad-sold
2005 classic-sold

Old 10-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #3

Coming up on 22k, no issues.

Americas Guardians PS MC
President, Tennessee 16-A
VBA #02203
"Blaze" 2017 Vaquero
"Black Magic" 2011 Vaquero, 69k miles, handed
down to my son for hopefully many more miles!

Old 10-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
Advanced Member

My cruise sometimes goes on a coffee break . . . When this happens, there is generally dirt built up on the foot brake sensor causing the cruise to think the brake is on and therefore it doesn't engage. Try jamming the foot brake a couple times to knock it loose (When stopped of course) If that doesn't work get down and clean it off with a shot of WD 40 or just blowing it out like a birthday candle has been known to work for me . . . Let us know if any of this works for you.

Thunder Air Kit
Power Pro
Cobra Tri-Ovals
Wrapped Header Pipes
Heat Deflectors (from ebay)
CB/Rear Speakers
Avon grips with Throttle Magic by RACNRAY
Shiny Chrome stuff
Michelin Commander IIs
Kury T/S Mirrors
Sagebrush Design tank bib w/pouch
Russell Day Long Seat w/Backrest
Lots of Miles and Many More Smiles!

Blue Knights - Virginia II
Ride With Pride

Old 10-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #5

+1 on the rear brake pedal. Mine has done exactly the same thing and a stab at the pedal usually fixes it.
KawaNOW #01691
VRA National Vice President 2012
Kentucky Chapter Treasurer

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #6

My c/c stopped working at one point. Both the front and rear brakes and the clutch have micro switches that cancel out the c/c when any of these are activated. I found ALOT of corrosion on the clutch swith connectors, cleaned off the corrosion as that fixed it. As has been said dirt/corrosion can get inside those switches. Pull the connectors off all of them ,check for corrosion, clean and squeeze the connectors with pliers to restore the tight fit, reinstall with waterproof or dialectric grease. As has also been said you may have to clean the switches internals to restore proper operation.

This is somewhat common and I'm sure this is what you will find.

RACNRAY

Old 10-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #7

Look up the diagnostic procedure in this forum. The procedure works and will tell you exactly which sensor is not working correctly. The procedure takes about 2 minutes to perform. My dealer wanted 3 days just to do the procedure and then and additional 10 days (bike in shop). In my case the throttle closed switch was being made all the time. I tweaked the switch dog mounting tab just enough to not be made at closed throttle position and my cc has worked flawlessly ever since. took me about 20 minutes, including removing the air filter to gain access.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #8

my c/c stopped working after about 6 months. I took it into a kawi dealer and turns out the whole modual/case/ controls were cracked. Kawi wouldnt cover it. I had to call kawi myself and talk to someone in charge to find out why my bike was only 6 months old and it wasnt covered. Kawi did eventually covered it as a 1 time thing. They told me the reason why it wasnt covered is that they part out pieces to other manufactures and thoes parts are not covered.
I would take it in and have them look at it. I dont know how mine would have cracked.The casing is behind the front break lever. Nothing was damaged but the casing.They tryed to blame me saying i dropped the bike.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #9
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yycvulcanguy View Post
my c/c stopped working after about 6 months. I took it into a kawi dealer and turns out the whole modual/case/ controls were cracked. Kawi wouldnt cover it. I had to call kawi myself and talk to someone in charge to find out why my bike was only 6 months old and it wasnt covered. Kawi did eventually covered it as a 1 time thing. They told me the reason why it wasnt covered is that they part out pieces to other manufactures and thoes parts are not covered.
I would take it in and have them look at it. I dont know how mine would have cracked.The casing is behind the front break lever. Nothing was damaged but the casing.They tryed to blame me saying i dropped the bike.
That sounds like BS to me. Kaw puts their name on it, they should stand behind it.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 12-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #10

+1 on the dirt or trash in the rear brake micro switch. Had it happen to me on a ride one evening.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:16 PM   #11

Once or twice, mine has done something really strange. Cruising own the highway on the way to work at 70mph and it shuts down and picks back up without me touching anything. Decels about 7mph or so and then kicks back on. Luckily it has never done so on a curve
Downed Bikers Association#1063

Old 01-18-2014, 02:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by yycvulcanguy View Post

You have got to be kidding, Because they didn't make the part they put on your bike, they wouldn't cover it? Kawasaki should be ashamed to even pull that crap!! That is a new level of low.

Old 01-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #13
Advanced Member

As a GM employee, we have suppliers all over the world that make parts for our vehicles, but that doesn't mean that we tell the owners to go track down the supplier if they have a part that goes bad. GM (the dealership) fixes it, but the supplier is ultimately responsible for the part/replacement cost but that happens between GM and the supplier, not the vehicle owner and the supplier.
Rockford Fosgate Punch PEQ Equalizer
Garmin Nuvi 4555 GPS Unit
Kawasaki Aux Light Kit
Ipod Kit w/4th Gen Ipod
Laam Custom Seat w/modified Backrest
Avon Grips w/RACNRAY's mod
Aluminum Mirror Risers
Clearview Large Windshield
Chuckster Trailer Hitch
12v accessory plug
VROC Member #36236

"I have not failed, I just found 10,000 ways that won't work" - Thomas A. Edison